Services Plugins FAQs

Dynamic Height and Width Issue

Hi,

Do you have any documentation for your Dynamic Height and Width plug-in? I have it working based on an action from the workflow but it doesn’t seem to work on page load based on the element on the page which I expected to be possible. If then like to set conditions on this element to update the height based on certain values, rather than running workflows anytime I want it changed.

Thanks

Jon

Hello @jet3945,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

While we don’t have formal documentation for this plugin, we strive to keep the setup straightforward with one element and one action. To help users understand how to use it, we provide a demo page and editor, which demonstrates how to configure the plugin element and action.

Regarding the issue you mentioned, we have conducted tests and successfully changed the image on page load using the “page is loaded” event. To better assist you, could you please provide screenshots or more details on how you have set up the plugin element and the action? This information will help us pinpoint the source of the issue and provide you with a solution.

In Bubble, you can control the maximum and minimum height and width of an element using conditionals. However, with this plugin, you will need to use workflows to dynamically set the height and width of the specified element.

We look forward to your response and will do our best to assist you further :pray:

Cheers :hugs:

Thanks for your response.

I think your last sentence answers my question. I was hoping to manage the height only with the Dynamic Height element, not with a workflow. Can you clarify then what impact the below settings have on the target element? From what I can tell it doesn’t do anything, instead all definitions are set when the workflow runs. I expected the target element to render based on the below rules by default, and then only change based on a workflow update.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Hello @jet3945,

When the page loads, the element that you defined in the ID input will be configured by the settings of the dynamic width and height element. For example, you set up the width and height to be 50%. When the page loads, the plugin will set the element according to the configuration.

If you wish to change the width and height of the element after the page is loaded, you will have to trigger a workflow.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask. :pray:

Wishing you a productive Monday! :hugs:

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I had a play with it and realised that having ‘fit to height’ ticked in the target stopped it from resizing on load. Then when conditionals come in to play it behaves as expected.

Thanks for your help

Hello @jet3945,

We’re delighted that we could assist you!

If you’ve found our support helpful and are satisfied with the plugin’s functionality, we would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to leave a review for the plugin. Your feedback and rating would mean a lot to us and help others make informed decisions.

To leave a review, simply go to the ‘Plugins’ tab in your Bubble editor, select the relevant plugin, and scroll down till the bottom to the review section where you can share your experience.

Should you have any more questions, concerns, or encounter any issues, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here on the forum or through our email at support@zeroqode.com.

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead :hugs: