Services Plugins FAQs

Dynamic Height and Width

The demo for this doest seem to work, or I dont know what its doing.

I am wondering if this plugin is able to make a group or shape stretch its height to always fill the page. I am trying to make a navigation bar on the left side and I want it to aways go to the bottom. Can this plugin do this?

Benjamin

Hi @ben3,

Thanks for reaching out. Sure thing, you can use this plugin to accomplish it, as you are able to set the Height to be 100% of the screen to always stick.

The demo app is doing the exact same thing for the image, for instance. But in order to check on it, you can play around with responsiveness. And you can check its editor to preview all features and how it works.

Alternatively, you can build it with Bubble embedded features at your own, instead of using a plugin, or you can check the following ones that we have pre-built for sidebar menu:

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex

Thank you for sending that along. I am very interested in the sliding menu, I really like it. The reason why I do not use bubbles is I want the sliding menu options to have a sub menu also. I want to be able to click an option and it will show a few more options nested under that first option. Is the sliding menu able to accomplish that?

Thank you,
Benjamin

Hi @ben3,

Thanks for feedback. I’m afraid it is not possible to build nested menu items. These plugins allow to have just a single level of items. You can check on their editors through Live Demo links, to preview all available features.

In case you want to build a nav bar with nested items on click, it would be best to do it by using Bubble’s native features and actually create your own one. This tutorial should be helpful - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5O0wPYW6nY. Gaby is an awesome no-coder so you can check on all her available courses to sharpen Bubble skills.

Thanks

Thank you. That’s what did. I just wanted to use this plugin because it looked nicer than the one I built in bubble.

All the best,
Benjamin

Hey Again,

I bought this plugin and its not working, see this loom: https://www.loom.com/share/b732a438269e4c0eb7aafe080783b5b3

Can you please help get it going.

Thank you!

Hi @ben3,

Thanks for feedback. Our dev team is already investigating the reason of this issue and I’ll get back to you with a reply asap!

Best,
Alex

Hi @ben3,

We managed to fix the preview problem on page load. Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try.

However, please note that if you want to target multiple elements, each elements needs a unique ID, meaning they have to be different, and you should add them separated by comma:

And if you want your Group element to have a 100% height and be fixed, make sure to use these settings and also set Delay to 0:

Thanks!

Hey @alexandru,

Sorry, but it still isn’t working. Take a look at this loom.

zeroqode is a collaborator on this app.

Thank you!

Hi @ben3,

Thanks for reporting this one as well. We managed to fix the bugs on our side. You can upgrade to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

However, please note that with this setup - hiding a group element and showing it with a workflow action - doesn’t work by simply placing a plugin element, because on page load there is not element to actually render, which is why it cannot change its width/height.

To make things work, please use plugin’s Set Dynamic H&W action, so you’ll be able to trigger the resizing with a workflow.

Note: sorry for misunderstanding, you can play around with Width % as you like, meaning it is not necessary to adjust it as per previous instruction.

Also, please note that you might experience a glitch with group being quickly resized. This is not a plugin issue because it takes time to actually render it based on new changes. The idea is that if you want to build a nav bar with 100% height being always glued to the screen, it is not necessarily to use this plugin, because you can simply build it with Bubble’s native features at your own, so you don’t experience any glitches.

Thanks for understanding. :pray: