Services Plugins FAQs

Easy File Downloader - New Plugin From Zeroqode

Hi @immortal.solution.kn,

Thanks for feedback. Sorry for any misleading.

Unfortunately, there isn’t such workflow. This is just the browser’s option that allows you to save the downloaded file into your Photos app. Let me provide some insights.

When you open your Bubble web app and hit to download the gif image (in case you’re on Safari), it opens it in a new tab and you’re able to save it to your Photos, here:

Also, make sure that your browser allows to save it. You can go to Settings → screen time → content & privacy restrictions → photos → allow to check on it.

Hope it helps.

HI,
Thank you for reply.
OK, I see. When I tried with Chrome app of iphone, I can’t find that way.
So, it seems that I need lead users to use safari when they download :thinking:

Hi @immortal.solution.kn,

Thanks for your feedback. It should be working fine with Chrome app as well, but I’m afraid it is an iOS version related problem. It can download files in newer versions of iOS, but with v12 seems to be unavailable.
Believe it was fixed with newer iOS versions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210393

If you like our plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor. You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins. :pray:

Hi @alexandru

I have a question, I bought this plugin and I need to display the download progress, is it possible somehow?

Thanks.

Hi @luismichelcf,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, our plugin doesn’t come with this feature, nor it comes with states that could be used on this matter. We’ll consider your feedback for future possibilities, if feasible. :pray:

Best,
Alex

Hi @luismichelcf,

I’m reaching out to notify that we improved our plugin. Now, you are able to use the new state to display the download progress!

Please upgrade to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try.

Cheers

I’m having an issue with this plugin - it seems to be related to the file name. I’m not sure what exactly the issue is, but it could be related to spaces or special characters in the file name that prevents the plugin from downloading the file correctly.

Instead, it downloads a corrupted file that windows doesn’t recognize.

The file link works well though, you can see the file link here: https://s3.us-east-1.wasabisys.com/workbay/Client%20Message%20Files/1664473925614x614475513224520000/Screen%20Shot%202022-09-29%20at%206.34.53%20PM2.png

Hello @ian3

Thanks for reaching out.

We have checked the plugin and uploaded/downloaded multiple files and there seems to be no issue on the plugin’s side. I’ve also tested the file you have provided, and there is no problem downloading/previewing that file. Therefore, there might be some settings in Windows/Firewall that are not allowing you to preview the downloaded file and because of that, it is not recognized, so I would suggest checking those first, and if the issue still persists just let me know.

Have a great weekend!