Templates Plugins Courses

Eaty - Didn't install properly?

Hi,

I’ve just installed Eaty and followed the instructions to remove the conditionals from the admin panel.

There seem to be a lot of things that aren’t working.

Most important is that clicking on the restaurants simply doesn’t work - it doesn’t take you to the restaurant page no matter where you click them from (index, search page, etc.).

All restaurants show as being closed, despite having edited one to be open from 00 - 23 hours.

I tried adding a new restaurant, marked it as approved, and it’s not showing in the restaurant list.

Any ideas what might be causing all of these errors?

I just checked on your own demo site Eaty App (bubbleapps.io), and the same thing happens there - clicking restaurants doesn’t work and they’re shown as closed.

Was there perhaps an update to the template that broke something?

I’ve tried in several different browsers (Chrome, Chrome incognito to disable extensions, Edge) and have asked a friend to check on a different computer, and it’s not working for him either.

Hoping it’s something simple, as the template not usable at present.

Thanks,
Matt

Hello, @zeroqode1
Thanks for reaching out.

Thank you for notifying us about this problem. We will take a look at it with our developer team and will revert with an update.

Can you please let me know if you checked the settings of the Working Hours of the restaurants from our Demo Page? Please check our screenshots :

We kindly ask you to check these settings for the Open/Close hours for each restaurant and let me know if all is working now.

Thanks for understanding.
Best regards,

Hello, @zeroqode1
Thanks for the patience.

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have checked and fixed the issue with the clickability of the restaurants (and some small functions here).

In order to work with an already updated template, you will need to follow these steps:

• Create a completely new application, and in the dropdown “start from template” select the corrected Eaty template ;
  • manually copy all the settings you used in the previous application, comparing with default settings.

Unfortunately, this is the only way to start working with an upgraded template.

Please let me know if I can help you with some additional questions.
Best regards,

Hey @Ecaterina,

Thanks for looking into that for me, and glad to hear it wasn’t something I was doing wrong!

I’ve just taken a look at your demo page again and it seems to be working now.

I deleted my application on Bubble and started again with the template, but unfortunately the issue is persisting.

Is there anything specific I need to do to get Bubble to use your corrected template as a base?

Thanks,
Matt

Hello, @zeroqode1
Sorry to hear that you have faced the same issues.

We just checked the Demo Page of the template and the issue with clickability of the restaurants within the template is not reproduced. All is working properly.
When the restaurant is closed - the user can’t click on it.

Can you please provide us the screenshots or screencast, where we can find your issue and investigate it?

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina, everything seems to be working now, thank you!

One quick question - we want to customise the template so that restaurants can be clicked on even when closed (we are creating a preorder system so that people can order in advance).

Could you let me know how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Matt

1 Like

Hello, @zeroqode1
Happy to hear that is working now.

You can make the closed restaurants clickable for sure. In order to proceed with it, you should remove these conditions firstly from the Reusable elements “restaurant-item” and “restaurant-item2”:

After removing, please uncheck this checkbox to make the elements in the Repeating Group clickable:

Please try it and let us know if the provided scenario is workable within your app. :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,