Services Plugins FAQs

Eaty - Geographic Position

Where is the ‘current geographic position’ in the Eaty search box pulling an address from is the user isn’t logged in?

Hi @ggallucci, thanks for your question.
Once an unlogged user accesses the index page, he will see in search box an address that starts with: New York Botanical Garden, 2900 …
This was made for the demo purposes, as most of the demo restaurants are registered in NA region.

To remove it, please delete the address from User data type, currentAddress field, stored in default value:

After deleting the above mentioned address, it will display current user geographical position, as it is set by default.

Hope this hint helps. If there is anything else that I can help with about our template, please let us know.

Regards,

Thanks Serg. That was what I was looking for. If I wanted to not have anything populate there would I just remove the default value?

Best
Greg

Hi @ggallucci,

To be sure I understood your question right.

In case I’ve understood your question wrong, please let me know and share a bit more details.

Regards,

Thanks. Thats was what I was looking for.

This might be outside scope of the template. But is there anyway to restrict the search parameters for the Google API. So if I type a US Zip Code. I only get results from addresses in the US and not globally?

Thanks
Greg

Hi @ggallucci, glad to hear that the shared tip helped you.

I’m afraid that available Google support documentation doesn’t provide a response on that. As far as I found, there is no limit parameter. There is only max results and max results, is more like per page.

Check the docs here:

Drop me a message if there are any other questions that I can help with.

Regards,