Services Plugins FAQs

Editable Data Table like Excel Plugin - Grid not refreshing

Hi there,

I might be doing something wrong but I can’t the grid’s source to reset unless I refresh the page.

I have the Grid in a group, and I am passing unique IDs to the Grid using the group’s custom states. The group’s custom states change depending on the element on the page that is clicked.

After an initial set of data is displayed in the grid, the same data is displayed once I reopen the grid with a different source.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi @stephane.kattie,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please share screenshots and/or screencast of your application and property editor for plugin element, as well as your group elements and worfklows with what you’re trying to accomplish, so we can try to reproduce this issue on our side to see whether it is plugin related or not. Then provide a better feedback asap.

Best,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I am going to try to run the process here. It begins a repeating group where I list things of type ‘Product’. When the user clicks on ‘Manage’ in the repeating group, the unique id of the Product is passed to the group containing the grid (see screenshot below).

I created a custom state for the group that serves to hold the unique id that was passed from the repeating group (see screenshot below).

These are the settings that I have for the grid

Below is a link to a screen recording showing the behavior of the grid.

Let me know if you need any other info!
Thanks.

Hi @stephane.kattie,

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, it is not a plugin issue but rather its implementation that causes this behavior. It seems that your state is recursive and not acting properly. You could simply try to use plugin’s searching action, so when you click on an item from your repeating group, it is going to search for that specific one. You can also set some constraints it is going to perform the search based on e.g. product name or unique id etc., because our plugin allows to extract only one field or a given number, so you just have to make your Bubble logic work properly.

If you’d need more Bubble related help, please post your request here https://forum.bubble.io/ where you can find useful links from the community.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi @alexandru,

Could you further explain this: “It seems that your state is recursive and not acting properly. You could simply try to use plugin’s searching action, so when you click on an item from your repeating group, it is going to search for that specific one.”

The source of the grid changes when I click on the item but that is not reflected on the grid. Please see below the screen recording using the debugger. You can see in the video that the grid source changes, yet the information shown stays the same.

Thanks.

Hi @stephane.kattie,

Thanks for feedback. Let me provide some insights. So, the state implementation even if it’s changing the grid source, the plugin cannot update this data accordingly, unfortunately. This happens because it cannot see the unique id with this setup. Plugin is updating data only when page is loaded and cannot update it later on in this case.

The source field of the gird is actually using a List of ids, so it is best to search for all items so it loads all data on a single page load:

And later on to perform a search and update the data as you wish. The way you can make things work, is actually using plugin’s search item action.

If you click on a RG item, you just set the searching constraint which it’s going to display results based on some current cell’s data:

So it can be email or unique id etc. This way, the grid is going to be updated and displaying the appropriate information of specific product that was clicked.

Hope it helps.