Templates Plugins Courses

Emails and links are cut off

Links and emails are cut off in the plugin ‘Advanced Rich Text Editor’. Could you please help me?

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,
Thank you for your message and for using the Advanced Rich Text Editor Plugin.

Currently, the Plugin has a feature to Auto Detect URL and converts them to Hyperlinks if such an option is set to Yes in the Plugin element.


I can check with the dev team if it is possible to add an improvement to the plugin to auto-detect emails when @ sign is used.
Once there will be any updates, I will notify you.

If you require any further information, let me know.
Best regards,

Hello Igor,

thank you for your answer! If I needed only emails it would help, but I need also to have correct links, that are also cut off sometimes. Could developers maybe add an improvement to the plugin to auto-detect links when all possible top-level domains (such as .com, .net, .org etc.) are used? Is it possible to make too?

And I got second problem after I’ve followed you recommendation: I’ve set ‘Auto Detect Url’ to “no” and ticked the checkbox ‘Link’, but when I type some text and then paste an external URL (for example: www.apple.com) and click then on the link after posting, this external link is put after an internal link (for example: https://app.animals.com/version-test/tiger/www.apple.com), so it doesn’t open the link. But is happens not all the time, depends on the link. Is it also a bug in Advanced Rich Text Editor Plugin or can I do something by myself to make it open correctly?

Here are 2 videos about problem:

Thank you in advance for your answer!
Best regards,

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,
Thank you for your reply.

I’ve carefully checked the above videos, if the Auto Detect URL is set to NO:


then your URL should contain HTTPS protocol in order to be open properly, usually, when you copy an external link from the browser tab (https://www.zara.com/ / https://www.apple.com/) and paste it into the redactor you will see:

With this format of the link, it will open properly.

In case the Auto Detect URL is set to Yes, then copy-pasting URLs from external websites will convert the text into an URL automatically:

or if you would like to type the URL manually you should insert www in front of the webpage as the example below:

I’ve checked other domains, and the Auto-Detects of URL works as it should, please make sure to use www in front of the link.

Hope the above will be useful for you.

If you require any further information, let me know.
All the best, :slight_smile:

Hello Igor,

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, when Auto Detect URL is set to YES, links are not always recognized correctly, sometimes they are cut off (for example, if I open the link with ‘/version-test/’ in it, this and all what comes after it is cut off). Therefore I set it to NO and enable the possibility to add link manually.

Users of the app sometimes type website-addresses manually and don’t add ‘https’ in the beginning. As a developer, I can understand all plugin’s rules and restrictions, but the app and the plugin are used by ordinary users of the application, so it would be great to add a possibility to the plugin to just recognize links in all their variations (as you offered with mails by recognizing @). For example, what I offered before, it could be set up by recognizing all top-level domains (such as .com, .net, .org etc.). Or at least hints could be added for users in what form links should be added to be opened properly. When the user adds a link like ‘www.zara.com’ and see this address by adding the link, the user doesn’t expect the hall app-address in the beginning of it by opening the link, so the user even doesn’t know sometimes, that there is some problem with the link.

We really like this plugin and would love to see it get better and more user-friendly!

Thank you in advance for your answer!
Best regards,

Hi @bulat.akhmadeev,
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to reproduce the above issues on my side, attached a Loom video where you can see that the Auto Detect URL works as expected.

Can you please check the plugin version you are currently using, in case if it’s an old version, try to Update to the latest one and see if it will work differently. Remove the ZQRte element from the page, and place another one after updating the plugin.
Also, let me know the Bubble version your app is currently on.

In case the issue still persists, please record a Loom video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console enabled, in case there are any error messages there, and share a link with us so we can understand better your use case.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.
All the best, :slight_smile: