Services Plugins FAQs

Encoder not working - Urgent help

Hello,
My app stopped working and the encoder error pop-up says:
Cannot read properties of null cant read words

The app goes into the first screen and kicks me out.
Anyone can help?
I have a demo in 12 hours…

1 Like

Hi @zavaro ,

Thank you for your message, and we’re sorry to hear about the issue you have encountered.

I understand you had a demo scheduled and hope it went smoothly despite the technical issues you were experiencing. If you are still facing the issue with the “Cannot read properties of null can’t read words” error, I would be more than happy to assist you in resolving it.

Would it be convenient for you to provide more details regarding your use case?

• Plugin Details: the exact name of the Zeroqode plugin you are using, and it’s version
  • Workflow Setup: A detailed description or screenshots of your workflow setup where the issue is occurring.
  • Plugin Element Configuration: Screenshots or a brief description of how the plugin element is configured in your app.
  • Issue Visualization: Screenshots or a screencast showing the issue as it appears in your application (here we recommend using the Loom tool, as it is free to use and have good video quality).

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to your reply. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Thank you so much for this mail

I have made the demo on the Figma images, went well.

I’m not a developer, i’m struggling to even understand half of what u said but let’s try.

When trying to enter the app this message appears, i can see the first screen (the go to other page workflow, i assume kicks in) and im thrown back out

The plugin version has been updated i see. it’s 1.18.0

Added a screenshot of the message when i try logging in (pic attached)

here is also an image of the flow

Thank you again for the help man

Hello @zavaro,

Thank you for your reply and additional details.

Based on the images you’ve shared, it seems you attempted to modify the unique ID assigned to each user in the database. These IDs are automatically generated and are not editable, which might be causing the issue you’re facing.

Please try encrypting other fields such name, email or password.

Let me know if this suggestion resolves your problem or if you need further assistance. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Tried to assign it to mail but still get the same issue.
Can i mail you?

I have checked the event when a new user signs up, it was ok.
Not sure why it should change now.
We moved to a differenet Azure account, maybe we need to cancel the decoder and check?

1 Like

Hello @zavaro,

Thank you for your response.

Upon further review, you were right, the issue does not stem from the unique ID. It appears more likely that the “Secret key” is empty upon the initial launch of the app.

Could you please run your app in step-by-step mode and closely monitor the value of the “Secret” during the encode/decode action? If it shows as (empty), this is likely the cause of the problem. I suggest setting an initial value for this element and then retesting to see if the issue persists.

Thank you again for your patience. We are eager to hear back from you regarding this matter.:pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

Hey
sorry, somehow this was missed, and we still couldn’t find the issue.
it has the right key, im not sure how to do a step by step but we are still unable to log in

Could u better explain this?
Could you please run your app in step-by-step mode and closely monitor the value of the “Secret” during the encode/decode action? If it shows as (empty), this is likely the cause of the problem

Hi @zavaro,

Thanks for your answer.

I will try to show you more exactly how to open the app in step-by-step and verify the details we discussed earlier.

To open the app with the debugger, simply add “?debug_mode=true” to the end of your URL as shown in the image below:

After that, just press “Run next” until you reach the Encode/Decode action. And there, check if the Secret value is empty or has a value.

Make sure to assign an initial value to the Secret Key in your workflow if it shows “(empty)”.

I hope this message has been helpful. I am eagerly waiting for your response. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

The secret is empty.
I also don’t see the number sequence left to it
How do I add the secret key? or where?

I think i did eveything correctly.

Hi @zavaro,

“How do I add the secret key? or where?” - Based on the first image you provided you set the value of “Secret” to “get_userkey:first item’s Key”, so you can check again what data is it retrieving.

Additionally, you can try to just set the value of “Secret” to a random text like “Key” and see how it will work.

“I also don’t see the number sequence left to it” - Could you please elaborate on what you meant in this statement?”

Hoping to hear from you soon. :pray:

Best regards,
Stephan

1 Like

Hey,
Thank you for everything, we are still struggling with getting this to work
any other options?
How can i take it out for now? and see if we can work without it?
No matter what i tried, i can’t pass this issue

Hello @zavaro,

Thanks for getting back.

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing difficulties with the Encode/decoder plugin.

You can check our demo editor page, and try to replicate a setup from there and see how it works.

Can you please elaborate more here, if you want to not trigger the plugin’s actions you have to just change the workflow related to it.

Hope this will prove helpful to you. :pray:

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Stephan

I’m checking but not sure what happens.
Thank you for your patience
I don’t mind jumping on a call and even showing you

Hello @zavaro,

Thank you for your reply.

We provide general support over mail, forum, and intercom on our web page, unfortunately, we don’t have a call option, thank you for your understanding. :pray:

To assist you more effectively, can you please tell us what specifically you want to achieve with the Encoder/Decoder plugin, your configuration, the expected outcome and the actual result, this may help us understand your inquiry better and provide an answer.

Looking forward to your reply. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Stephan