Services Plugins FAQs

Error bubble pdf plugin

i get the following error:

The plugin Bubble Page to PDF converter/action Generate pdf from html server side a Converter to PDF v2.0 test threw the following error: Error: Failed to execute ‘toDataURL’ on ‘HTMLCanvasElement’: Tainted canvases may not be exported.
at eval (PLUGIN_1526888373861x305666508856229900/Bubble-Page- to-PDF-converter-element_action–Converter-to-PDF-v2-0-test- Generate-pdf-from-html-server-side-.js:3:4021)
at Array.forEach () (please report this to the plugin
author)

Hi @dennis,

Thanks for reaching out!

To help us better understand the issue and provide a suitable solution, would you mind sharing a video recording of the problem and your current setup? This will greatly assist us in resolving the issue. Appreciate your cooperation!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Gulce

hi @Gulce

here is a short video.

Hi @dennis,

Thank you for the details. :pray:

As I can see from the video recording you provided, you are trying to create a PDF of an invisible group. However, I’m afraid it’s not possible. The Bubble Page to PDF plugin works like a “screenshot maker” - it needs to “see” the item it’s going to convert to PDF. As a result, the page needs to be loaded and visible before it can be converted to PDF.

If you have any further questions or if I misunderstood your use case, please let me know.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi thats not true, the page is behind an other element and it is loaded. it works on an app that is currently running. if i would like to make a pdf of the screen that is shown at the end, it give the same error.

see my new video.

@Gulce

I just tried and the issue only happens when i use it in a new workflow. when placing it on the end of a workflow the pdf even if its just behind another element just downloads. i you want i can show it to you.

Ok i found the element that reates hte issue. i have a plugin that shows a chart.js chart on the page. that element causes the error, now is the question why does the pdf converter make an issue for this. also my old calculator has a chart.js chart.

Ok I found the issue,
in my chart i use svg images.these images are uploaded to bubble.io. is there a way to solve this?

Dennis

Hi @dennis,
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I’ve conducted tests with the plugin using SVG images, and it appears to be functioning as expected. However, I must inform you that we cannot guarantee compatibility with third-party plugins. Compatibility can be influenced by several factors, including library compatibility and other variables. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Still, if it’s convenient for you I can take a look at the issue in your app and try to provide a few suggestions/make it work. For this please add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app (disregard the warning, our email can be added to the collaborator list even if your app is on the Free plan). But there’s no 100% guarantee, unfortunately.

Let me know how you’d like to proceed. :pray:

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi there

I solved it. The issue occurs when using an image in a plugin. The image URL gives the error. I converted the sfg to XML and the plugin works again… Very weird.

Dennis

1 Like

Hi @dennis,

Glad to hear you got it sorted! If there’s anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Best regards,
Gulce