Services Plugins FAQs

Exit App with back button on android

Hi
Is it possible to add in a function to exit the airnative app with the back button?

Hi @9383712,
Thank you for your message.

Can you please elaborate on your question? Currently, if you are browsing the Air Native app and click the back button it will redirect you to the previous page and exit the app if you only open it.

Please share with us more details, so we can help you better. :pray:

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
All the best,

Hi
Thanks for your reply!

I mostly have a one page application and I used the Air Native plugin to go to previous states when pressing the back button but from the main state I wanna be able to exit the full application,

Thanks

Hi @9383712,
Thank you for your reply.

Due to the fact that we have additional questions regarding your setup, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide a link to your app? This will allow us to check your settings and reproduce them on our side to find the issue.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:
Regards,

I have added the email to my account
Thanks

Hi @9383712,
Thank you for your reply.

I’ve checked with the dev team regarding the back button and your use case scenario to make it possible to exit the app once getting to the index page.

Unfortunately, this is not possible to achieve without crashing the app itself because the function (responsible for the back button) is written into the Air Native wrapper code and it works this way, the back button is working while the page differs from the index page (App Link URL), in other words, if you just open your app (back button is disabled), navigating, for instance, to other pages of your app like profile or dashboard page and clicking on back button it will work and go back until receiving back to the index page (App Link URL), once there the back button will not be triggered anymore.

To exit the Native apps, there is the middle button which is minimizing the app.

Please Note that the Air Native plugin and custom states are not affecting the written function that triggers the back button.

Hope this will be useful for you and make sense. :slight_smile:
If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.
All the best, :pray: