Services Plugins FAQs

File Converter Plugin and Vimeo

Hi,

I’m trying to upload videos to Vimeo via my app using Vimeo’s API (tus upload method).

The API requires that the video file is sent in the request body as binary data.

So I’ve been trying to use the File Converter plugin to convert a file into binary and use the binary output directly in the request body in the API call to Vimeo.

The upload to Vimeo seems to be working fine, and the file is transmitted successfully, but when I go to my Vimeo account the video is there but does not work - there’s just an error message saying something went wrong, but no further information.

I’ve tried various file types all with the same result.

This leads me to the assumption that the actual data I’m sending is either not being converted to binary in the correct way, or is not the correct type of data in the first place, or perhaps I’m sending it in the wrong way.

Does anyone here have any experience using Bubble with Vimeo’s API (specifically their tus upload)?

If so, any help on this would be much appreciated - I’ve posted a few times in Bubbles main forum but with no response, and I’ve contacted Vimeo but they’ve not been much help so far.

Many thanks

Hello, @adam1. Thank you for your question.

Let me please check your issue with our dev team.
Would you kindly share with me as many details as possible? Like:

• screenshots of the error messages you’ve received (console and debugger);
  • detailed steps on how to reproduce your issue;
  • screenshots of your workflow and element inspector.

This info will help us much to reproduce your case and find the probable blocking point.

Thank you for understanding :pray:
Regards,

I have got the same problem. Uploading a file in binary data to Vimeo is fine, but the platform refuses to open it. I usually upload files in .webm or .mp3 using this converter M4A to MP3 Converter without any problems. The Bubble plugin for converting files into binary data doesn’t look broken or kind of. The file looks not damaged, so what’s the problem? Is it Vimeo’s fault? Maybe they spoiled something with their latest update, so files encoded into binary data cannot be read. However, if you are already contacted Vimeo and didn’t get an answer, more likely the plugin works incorrectly.

Hi @albertmortensen5, thanks for reaching out.

As I understand from your message you are trying to upload a binary code of a Video to Vimeo using the File Convertor Plugin for Bubble.

Unfortunately, this plugin can be used only with text documents, as you can note in the short plugin description.
I assume this is why the Vimeo platform refuses to open it, because it’s not actually properly converted to binary code.

If you require any further information, let me know.

Have a great day!
Regards,