Hello. Let me offer some details on those questions:
• Is that gonna happen after my purchase?
No, it should not happen something like it, we are looking into it so bear with us will fix asap.
• How long does a file upload last on the cloud?
There are no restriction put in place for longevity of the uploaded files.
• Will I be able to change the file size limit? The preview is showing now a limit of 50MB. I would prefer more.
Yes, you could change that by using custom plugins of your choice. We offer a few of our own, Files Uploader via uploadcare https://bubble.is/plugin/uploadcare---upload-files--50-mb-1520947543761x612442212700782600
or AWS File Uploader with amazon services - https://bubble.is/plugin/aws-file-uploader---any-file-size-1527575349408x715242509040615400
You could check the demo and docs for plugins to try them out.
• Also, I understand that every template has to be hosted on Bubble’s servers. How is the transfer speed and availability with their hosting/storage services? It is not going to be a reliable file sharing service if Bubble treats it as a static page.
Yes, you’re right the template is build on Bubble and it uses Bubble servers. The reliability of the Bubble I guess could be checked on https://status.bubble.is/ and may be find some real life details on forum.bubble.is from community which uses bubble for file sharing option.
• Does the template purchase include a backend CMS? In case I want to change the background regularly or adding a paid-account feature (e.g for a larger upload limit)
Yes, sure, everything about our templates can be customized - design, workflows, database and all the settings like domain, SEO parameters, account features etc.
Also sorry for the trouble with demo of the template, we are looking into the issue to fix it.
We checked and fixed the small issue with template so it should be good to go, give it a try: https://zeroqode.com/template/file-sharing-1501857494434x791322833687150600
Thanks for understanding.