Services Plugins FAQs

Files Pro- Bug in Plugin Code

Getting this error on several pages:

(PLUGIN_XXXX/Files-Pro—Multi-File-Uploader–initialize–Uploader-.js:3:2139)

Hi @josh8,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us and for using our plugins :hugs:

Unfortunately, the error message you sent us does not explain why you are encountering it or why it is appearing. In order for us to understand what might be going wrong, could you please send us a screen recording using a tool like Loom.com, showcasing the following details:

1. The error on the page and what you are doing when this error pops up.
  2. Settings of the plugin element and any conditionals that it might have set up.
  3. Settings of the actions or events from the plugin.
  4. Version of the plugin that is currently running in your app. If you are not on the latest version, could you please update and try again?

After gathering all this information, I will recreate a similar use case to try and get the same error as you in order to provide you with more details.

Hope to hear back from you soon :pray:

Best regards :sunflower:

So it is a randomly occuring error, here is what the logs say: “Bug in custom code TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘style’)\n at HTMLDivElement.eval (PLUGIN_1531008356112x534762424400609300/Files-Pro—Multi-File-Uploader–initialize–Uploader-.js:3:2139)\n at root (PLUGIN_1531008356112x534762424400609300/Files-Pro—Multi-File-Uploader–initialize–Uploader-.js:3:2139)\n”

Hi @josh8,

Apologies for the delay over the weekend!

In order for us to understand what might be going wrong and provide a fix, we need to recreate the issue on our side. Could you please tell me more about what is happening on the page and with the plugin when this error occurs?

If you could provide me with the requested information from my previous reply, showcasing this error, it would give us more context to assist you in the best way possible :pray:

Best regards :hibiscus:

1 Like

Hi @josh8,

This is a small reminder about our conversation. As soon as you can share the details requested above, I would love to look into this behavior further and assist you :hugs:

Hope to hear back from you soon :pray:

That is all the logs say. However, be aware your latest update to the plugin has behavior breaking when trying to upload files it only allows folder selection instead of individual files.

Hi @josh8,

Unfortunately, without a way to recreate this error, we cannot provide a fix. When you manage to record this behavior taking place, please get back to us with the info and we will try to assist further :pray:

As for the issue with the files not being selectable, I did not encounter this behavior when testing the latest version, so I guess something broke when deploying the update. I have reported it to the developers who should come up with a fix as soon as possible. I will inform you with more info when available :hugs:

If you have more questions, feel free to reach out!

Best regards :hibiscus:

Hi @josh8,

Hope you are doing well and had a relaxing weekend :pray:.

I wanted to let you know that the previous behavior you reported with files not being selectable for uploading has been resolved in the latest version of the Files Pro plugin - 2.125.0.

Could you please update the plugin and check if everything is working on your side? I would appreciate a quick feedback after you manage to test it out!

So I think you all managed to solve that one, I would suggest you track down these as well. Seeing some errors related to the plugin with a user who is on Safari (uncommon).

Bug in custom code \n at root ([LINK]:5437)\n"
"Can’t find variable: BigInt
“ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: BigInt”
“TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating ‘_0x382315[_0x3b70fe(0x10a)]’)”

These are only occurring with users attempting to click on the element using Safari. (MacOS)

Hi @josh8,

Apologies for the delayed reply over the weekend!

I’ve tested our demo page on Safari browser version 17.6 (19618.3.11.11.5) and didn’t encounter the error. Could you please open the demo page on your side and confirm if the error occurs there as well?

If the error doesn’t appear on the demo page, could you please share the settings of your uploader element that’s throwing this error? This will help me recreate the issue on our side and assist you better :pray:

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards, :hibiscus:

Hi @josh8,

I hope you’re doing well!

I wanted to follow up on the error you reported earlier. Could you please let me know if this error also appears on the demo page of the plugin? If it doesn’t, please send me some screenshots of the plugin element’s settings, and I’ll do my best to assist you!