Services Plugins FAQs

Files Pro: Supported / Unsupported File Types

My application is built to support up to 500+ file types… but there are a handful of file types it does NOT accept. It would be much easier to list out the unsupported file types than the supported ones. All I can see in the plugin is a way to add the supported file types.

Is there any way to get around this?

Hi @dustinwstout,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us!

We have received your questions and will get back to you as soon as possible with more information.

Thank you for your understanding :pray:

Best regards :hibiscus:

Hi again @dustinwstout,

Sorry for the delay in my reply :pray:

If I’ve understood your scenario correctly, your app allows users to upload almost all file types except for a select few that you want restricted. You’re looking for a way with this plugin to exclude specific file types without having to list all the types your app does permit, considering it would be quite cumbersome to do so.

I’ve started an investigation with our development team to explore whether this functionality is feasible. However, if my understanding of your use case is off the mark, please let me know so I can provide the developers with the correct details.

Looking forward to your message!

Best regards :hugs:

Hi @dustinwstout,

Our developers have devised a method to introduce a feature like this, but it currently does not support all file extensions. Could you please specify the types of files you’re looking to prevent from being uploaded? This will help us ensure that your requirements are covered.

Best regards :sunflower: