Services Plugins FAQs

FileUploaderNoGUI looks different and problems in RG

Hi there,

I’ve been building my current app with the AWS File Uploader and it’s been fine so far.

My problem is that I need to put the FileUploaderNoGUI element into a Repeating Group. A couple of problems I am noticing. First, the element seems to work when clicked on from within the Repeating Group which is good. However, in my logic, the name of that FileUploaderNoGUI element is NOT available to checking the feedback data. It doesn’t show up at all.

However, if I move that exact FileUploaderNoGUI element OUT of the Repeating Group, I can then see it as a choice for selecting it in my logic. The plug in doesn’t do me any good if I can’t access the returned information to store in my DB.

Second: When I go to the plug in’s demo page and look at that NoGUI element’s properties, it contains a field which my NoGUI element does not contain. That field is: “Unique File Prefix for:”

This is a field that I actually NEED to use in this particular case (see my screen shots of your NoGUI compared to mine. Any advice about this?

Hi @underhill.dan,

Unfortunately, this feature is not published yet, which is why you are not able to see it on your side. But why it’s present in our demo editor, is because we are currently testing it before launching a new plugin version. But no worries - I’ll notify as soon as we update our plugin!

As for the first issue with RepeatingGroups, could you please share your app and plugin setups, so we can have the exact steps to follow and replicate on our side, as well as preview results. A screencast would help a lot.

We’ll check on it then get back to you asap!

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I’ll look forward to getting that feature published because for this particular app, in this particular location, the documents my users are uploading would ideally like to have a prefix.

Also, I have revised how I am approaching the original question I posted. However, I did post a new question related to this plug in so as not to confuse this thread. That question is found here:

1 Like