Services Plugins FAQs

Firebase Cloud Messaging project not permitted error

Hi Zeroqode team,

I’m trying to use your Firebase Cloud Messaging plugin to enable notifications in my Bubble app.

I’ve followed the simple instructions on the plugin page and managed to find the right key (so that I’m no longer getting an ‘invalid key’ error). However, now that I’m no longer getting an ‘invalid key’ error, I’m getting this ‘project not permitted’ error when trying to send a Firebase notification instead.

The only thing I have disabled in Firebase is the legacy cloud messaging API (since this switches off in a couple of weeks time on 20 June). Everything else seems normal.

Can you confirm that your plugin will work with the current version of the Firebase Cloud Messaging API? And let me know where I’m going wrong with the ‘project not permitted’ error? Thanks!

Hi @grgrsmth,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I apologize for any inconvenience this might have created :pray:

Could you please enable the legacy API and disable the V1 API? After doing this, check again to see if it successfully sends push notifications. I will create an investigation for the developers to check the API used in the plugin and update if needed, but I want to confirm that it is at least working correctly with the deprecated API.

I will keep you updated with more information when it is available, but if you have more questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me at any time :hugs:

Best regards :sunflower:

Hi @grgrsmth,

Hope you are doing well :hugs:

I wanted to confirm that the plugin is indeed using the soon-to-be-deprecated API calls. Could you please use the legacy API calls for now? I will update you with any future information as it becomes available!

Best regards :hibiscus:

Hi @grgrsmth,

A new update for the Firebase Cloud Messaging plugin has just been released - version 1.5.0. This version updates the API from the now deprecated version to APIv1.

Could you please update the plugin in your app and ensure the API is updated in your Firebase account as well? I would appreciate some feedback after testing it on your side to confirm that everything is working as expected.

Hope to hear back from you soon :pray:

Best regards :sunflower:

Hi @grgrsmth,

I wanted to check in and see if you managed to update the plugin to the newest version and if everything is working as expected using the APIv1 calls. Please get back to me with a quick message when you have a free moment :pray:

I would love to help you further if you are encountering any unexpected behaviors with our plugin!

Best regards :hibiscus: