Services Plugins FAQs

Firebase Realtime demo sign up

Hi Zeroqode,

I’m trying to understand the Firebase Realtime Database plugin. The demo is useful to look at, but when I try to run it the login button immediately skips to ‘Sign In’ rather than ‘Sign Up to Firebase’. For that reason I am unable to sign up and actually run the app.

I can see on the bubble backend that there is a conditional statement which does this once the user is logged in,

So - how do I sign the current user out so that I can sign up, or how do I reset my browser so that I do not show as being logged in?

Thanks,
Al

Hi @Cosmical, thanks for your message.
Allow us to check this moment internally with the developer team, and come with feedback asap

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,

Hi, is there an update on this? I’m currently paying a subscription fee for a plugin which I can’t use because I can’t log in to the demo…

thanks,
Al

Also, when using the read or write Auth element, what is the access token? Is this the element returned by the sign in called ‘IdToken’?

Guys, it’s been a month since I requested that you look into why the demo won’t let me log in. I’ve been paying the subscription so please extend me the courtesy of replying properly.

Come on guys, this isn’t good enough!

Hi @Cosmical, please accept my deepest apologies for such a delayed answer and no news so far :pray:
We’ve created a task for documentation update, to provide more details on the plugin settings and setup. Following your request, I’ve prioritized this task on the production pipeline.

Due to the Firebase specific authorization requirements (access credentials are bound directly to the Firebase API), the plugin demo page works only with our own credentials, unfortunately.
So far it can be used only as a setup reference. The developer team will check if it could be redesigned in order to provide access to other users too.

We rely on your understanding and patience.
Regards,

Hi Serg

thanks for getting back to me. The demo doesn’t have an explainer for the ‘Read Auth’ element, which is what I need to use. If you could let me know where to find the ‘access_token’ which it requires it would probably fix the problem. I can login to my firebase with my own credentials correctly through the plugin, and it’s infuriating that I can’t then read or write data.

I’m sure I am not alone here, and this is something that even the most basic documentation would fix. The demo is fine, but rather useless if no one other than the developer can log in to it.

Again - I’m a paying subscriber here, so I appreciate your prioritising of this issue. I wait for your reply with anticipation…

Thanks,
Al

Hi @Cosmical, thanks for describing the issue in detail.

It is the token that you’ve gotten on user sign in:

So the data for access token field are the following:

Also, for proper usage of the database, please be sure to set up the following within your project in Firebase console:

and

Hope it helps. Please let me know if meanwhile, I can help with anything else.
Regards,