Services Plugins FAQs

#️⃣ Flat and Modern Tags - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hello ryan1,

Regarding the problem with the hovering/clicking hitbox, could you please our demo and check if you set up everything as it is presented there. Here you can find our demo: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=tags_demo&id=zeroqode-demo-11&tab=tabs-1

We will inspect the possibility to have two separate actions for checking and selecting and will do our best to have it implemented. I will keep you posted in this regard.

Best Regards,
Alex

Even looking at your demo, which appears to be broken, you have a list of selected tags, so Clicked Tag doesn’t really make sense. It’s just ‘last selected tag’. Since Clicked tag doesn’t reset itself like buttons do then you can not determine easily if one has been clicked just now, or 5 minutes ago, its all the same to the plugin.

I guess I could store the information into a custom state and then compare it to the last value but that’s kind of crazy and really just a workaround.

1 Like

Hi @ryan1,

Yes, you are right currently in the demo is showing the last selected tag but there is nothing broken. It is how the plugin works now. Regarding two separate actions for selecting and clicking we are still inspecting this functionality. Once we will have a solution or answer I will let you know.

Best Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hello @ryan1,

We analyzed the functionalities of the plugin and developed an updated version. Now the tags are dynamic resizable and also the action Clicked was changed and now it works as a button. Please update the plugin to the latest version to have the updates available.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello, thank you for the plugin. I am having a lot of trouble making it works though so I am wondering if it can do what I want.

I need to have the plugin to show a list of tags during the signup process so the user can select topics they are interested in. Like below with silly examples ‘Interest 1’ and ‘Interest 2’.

Datawise, I have the data type ‘user’ including a field called ‘into’ which is a list of ‘interests’ and a data type ‘interest’ with a field ‘label’ and the other default fields that come in Bubble.

The plugin is setup as follows.

Difficulty #1

I have a discrepancy between the preview and the live version of my app.

This in the preview.

This is the live.

Difficulty #2

I don’t understand how to:
1/ update the user data
2/ render this user data in the user profile

Did this to update the user data.

And did this to render the user data in the user profile.

Doesn’t work.

Thank you so much for your help. I really hope this can work.

Hi, @sophie!

Thanks for reaching out!

Let’s go through this step by step. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please make sure you have deployed to Live a database as well. The application and database are deploying deployed separately. If you have not deployed the database to Live, you will not see the changes in the Live version that were made in the test version. Please see screenshots below that will show you how to deploy to Live a database (screenshots are for test purposes).

Unfortunately, this plugin doesn’t have an action to save selected options. But, you can implement this through the state.

This works as follow:

1. When the user chooses the “interest” options and hit the Save or Next button, the state with these parameters is set.

2. The next step will be- create a new thing (Interest) with the selected options.

3. The third step might be - make changes to a thing (user), which means to write these options to the current user.

Please take a look at this thread where this way is described.

The database records will be like this.

This is one of the possible ways to implement your idea. I’m afraid, as far as it’s a Bubble-related question, we can try to help, but we cannot guarantee exact working solutions on this matter, as this is beyond our support services, unfortunately.

When the data is recorded into the database properly, you can render it, for instance, through the text element inserting dynamic data.

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

Hello Julia, thank you for taking the time to help me with this! I am sorry but I am still stuck, it’s super frustrating. I am wondering if the plugin can actually do what I need it to do.

Thank you for difficulty #1. Sorted! I learned something :slight_smile:

About difficulty #2, I managed! Thank you. But it’s not good for me. I want this to be the list of interests of the user and they need to update it when needed so I need those to always show as tags. You see what I mean?

1 Like

Hi, @sophie!

Glad that you have managed difficulty #1 and difficulty#2 :slightly_smiling_face:

So, as far as the list of interest (tags) can be written into the database, they can be displayed from the database as well, using the Dynamic data. In this case, you can display the saved in the database interest (tags) on the profile page in order to user can choose another one.

What I am trying to say is follows: (as a possible way to implement)

1. On the Signup page you place Interest (tags) so the user can choose them
  2. Once he has chosen and pressed a Save button, these Interest (tags) is written in the database
  3. On the User Profile page you place a Tag element and display these tags selecting them through the Data source. On the same page near the Interest (tags) and place an Edit button and set a workflow to save the chosen Interest (tags) in case if the user has changed his mind and selected other ones.

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

Hi @levon,

Great plugin, saved me a lot of headaches already. Thought I’d let you know of a little bug, where the last tag in the list still has the ‘X’ mark even when you select not to show it in the plugin editor/element.

Here is an example:

Hi, @maurice1!

Thanks for reaching out and kind words! :slightly_smiling_face:

As far as the issue is not reproducing on our side, could you please share screenshots of the plugin settings to have the ability to familiarize with and help you better?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best, Julia.

Hi Julia,

Find attached the screenshots of the element setup

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Maurice

Hey, @maurice1!

Thanks for the provided screenshots! So, comparing the settings of the element with the settings in the Live Demo, I found a discrepancy. Please make sure that you use the latest plugin version. If not, then upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

If you do use the latest version, then add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list in Settings -> Collaboration so we could check the issue inside your application. Plus, please tell us the name of your Bubble application and page name where you develop it, it would be way easier for us to help you solve the issues.

Note: avoid the warning message regarding Professional plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Best, Julia.

Hi, @maurice1!

We’ve fixed the bug and pushed to live. Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

Best, Julia.

Hi, @Julia!
I bought the TAG plugin.
But I have difficulties.

I’m already sorry for being verbose … but I need to explain my whole problem.

I am not a programmer and I have been developing my Bubble App for a while.
As for the plugin … At first I thought I could just direct a list of texts to him and the plugin would return the tags to me.
I did this with an Input Text to test.
It worked with Input Text, Text (and other objects) …
I created a SKILLS field in the User Table.
In the registration the User says the Skills he has.
So I tried to redirect the plugin to read the Skills List that the user said in the Register.
In my mind, I thought that the plugin would return all User Skills in TAGs.
That simple…
But it was a pain to understand that this was not how it worked.
I opened the Sample project to see how the plugin worked.
It also took me a long time to understand.
But I must confess that I still have difficulties.

Then I will explain what I need.
Could you help me use the plugin on my Bubble App?

What I want is the following:
1-)
My users will have a Skills List.
So when showing the user (either on his own profile page, or in a Repeting Group with several users…) I want his Skills to be arranged as TAGs.
I also want the Primary Ability to be ahead of all others (perhaps a ranking of your Abilities).

2-)
The other way would be to use TAGs as filters.
As well as in the TAG Plugin Sample Project itself.
Filter a Group Repeating by User Skills.

Can you help me use the Plugin this way?

Hi, @edvansouza!

Let me familiarize with your request carefully and I’ll get back to you asap. Thanks for understanding!

Best, Julia.

1 Like

Amazing, @Julia!

I achieved something by studying the Tag Plugin Bubble Example project more deeply.
(“Deeply to me …”)
BUT … I don’t have more control over the Tag design.
For example, if I want the corners of the tags more rounded I have nowhere to move…
or greater independent control between tag box and text size… change the font type. Etc…

Do you intend to give more control to this or will I need to adapt to the design already established?

Hi, @edvansouza!

Good job! really glad to hear that you have figured this out. :slightly_smiling_face:
As for the tags design, then currently you are able to use only settings that have set in the plugin element.

Anyway, we have taken into consideration your feedback. We’ll see how feasible it’ll be so we could implement this in future updates.

Best, Julia.

Hi, @Julia!
There is something about this?

Have a nice day!

Hi, @edvansouza!

I’m afraid I cannot provide the exact estimates of this implementation, sorry. This process might take time due to many factors the main of which how feasible it is to implement and others. Thanks for the understanding and apologies for the inconvenience.

Best, Julia.

Well…
in view of all this I need to go ahead.
And, also because of everything I mentioned in the previous posts, the plugin will not be useful to me.
Is there any possibility of returning the plugin?
I know that the cost of it is not high.
However, here in Brazil where I live, each dollar costs at least 5x more…
Is it possible to recover the value of the plugin?
If this is possible, how can I delete it from my project and no longer have access to it?

Thank you for all your answers and help.
I will wait for this further request.

Best Regards!