Services Plugins FAQs

#️⃣ Flat and Modern Tags - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Flat and modern looking tags. Tags can contain links and the colors are customizable.

Configurations:

1. Select your Bubble tag Type (Bubble Data).
  2. Enter a source of tags (Our case ‘Search for …’).
  3. Select Label Field from our Bubble Tag Type
  4. Select Link Field from our Bubble Tag Type
  5. Prepend # (hashtag). yes/no.
  6. Navigate to Tag Link if clicked. yes/no.
  7. Open Link in a new Tab. yes/no.
  8. Tag Text Color.
  9. Tag Background Color.
  10. Tag Text Color on Hover.
  11. Tag Background Color on Hover.

Exposed States:

1. Clicked Tag Label, Clicked Tag Link, Clicked Tag ID (Bubble ID). (Bubble Text)
  2. Hovered Tag Label, Hovered Tag Link, Hovered Tag ID (Bubble ID). (Bubble Text)
  3. Selected Tags Labels, Selected Tags Links, Selected Tags IDs. (Bubble List of Text)

Triggered Events:

1. Tag Clicked
  2. Tag Hover

For details, screenshots and demos please visit the plugin page: at Flat & Modern Tags Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

Tag

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

Is there a way to remove the bullet that appears before each tag name?

Hello @anne , we will add a properties field for the element, and with the next update you will have this possibility, I will update you of a matter when it will be ready.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Thanks @Nikita.S. Let me know when it’s ready. I’m sure other users will use this field as well.

Hello @anne, Great News, you can update the plugin and to try a new feature - hide bullet before the hashtag, you just have to disable the checkbox of Dot property of plugin element.

If you like our plugin you can rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and it give it as many stars as it deserves :slight_smile: The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

How can I store the selected tags in a table or list other than the same one storing ALL the tag names? It seems like you have one table for all the tags, and that table stores the ones that are selected, which is either too simplistic, or i’m missing how I can set the ‘selected’ list from a real bubble.list I store for each user. Doesn’t seem possible.

I want to have each user have a list of selected tag preferences that persist from page to page and session to session (I already have this in a list field in the Users table.

This seems really basic, I hope I’m just not understanding.

Is the way to do it to do it in the Search For Tags query and match the owner of the field to the user? I can see how that might work but is there a different way? That’s really a weird way to do it.

?

The way its coded now it feels like it’s designed to be a single user system not inherently for multiple users. More like a list of links than tags, really.

I hope I’m just not understanding!

Thanks

Hello there @ryan1,
I will describe a scenario here,

1. Create a field in your DB Selected, for tegs, and type should be yes/no like is shown here.
  2. In the plugin Element will be displayed Selected Field, like here.
  3. Then you will be able to render selected tags and to make everything work as you expects via Bubble tools.

Thank you for reaching out,
Let me know if you need something else.
BR,
Nik.

This works for only one user, or ‘all users’ because you are getting Selected information from a single type.

It should be able to use a User:Tags type instead of just Tags type.

Otherwise it is not very useful for multiple users.

Or it should be able to use a real bubble list for the list of selected tags. This would be the obvious way to do it.

Hey there @ryan1,
Next iterations with workflow provide you possibility to obtain functionality which you want:

1. You have to create the field for user with name selected_tags I guess, and to make it List of Tags type.
  2. In that case in DB you will have a list of all tags for each user, and then via Workflow Action Make changes to… you can take the Unique ID of the tag from plugin like here, and add this tag as selected to the user.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

1 Like

That would make lots of sense. This is coming in the future then?

Hey @ryan1, it’s already implemented in the plugin, I just provided you with instructions.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

It appears that the box the tags are in does not dynamically size itself. That means you have to leave a bunch of open space for it. Can you make it dynamically size itself?

Hello @ryan1,

Thank you for the suggestion we will add this functionality and will do our best to have it ASAP. Once the update will be published I will let you know.

Best Regards,
Alex

There is another issue.

Whenever you go to the page that displays the tags, it always triggers that a click is happening. It never clears, and there’s no way to clear it.

10%20PM

are the only options, and Tag clicked is basically acting like ‘list of tags that have been selected’ instead of like a button.

The other problem is that the hovering/clicking hitbox is not on the tags themselves in my app. Doesn’t seem like anything I’m able to manipulate/fix.

Once user has selected a tag at any point, this code below is always triggered as it thinks its being always clicked. If you want that functionality, and I think its useful, click and selected need to be 2 separate things.

If I take ‘go to page play’ out of it, that alert pops up repeatedly making checking for the click useless since it never stops saying its being clicked

Hello ryan1,

Regarding the problem with the hovering/clicking hitbox, could you please our demo and check if you set up everything as it is presented there. Here you can find our demo: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=tags_demo&id=zeroqode-demo-11&tab=tabs-1

We will inspect the possibility to have two separate actions for checking and selecting and will do our best to have it implemented. I will keep you posted in this regard.

Best Regards,
Alex

Even looking at your demo, which appears to be broken, you have a list of selected tags, so Clicked Tag doesn’t really make sense. It’s just ‘last selected tag’. Since Clicked tag doesn’t reset itself like buttons do then you can not determine easily if one has been clicked just now, or 5 minutes ago, its all the same to the plugin.

I guess I could store the information into a custom state and then compare it to the last value but that’s kind of crazy and really just a workaround.

1 Like

Hi @ryan1,

Yes, you are right currently in the demo is showing the last selected tag but there is nothing broken. It is how the plugin works now. Regarding two separate actions for selecting and clicking we are still inspecting this functionality. Once we will have a solution or answer I will let you know.

Best Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hello @ryan1,

We analyzed the functionalities of the plugin and developed an updated version. Now the tags are dynamic resizable and also the action Clicked was changed and now it works as a button. Please update the plugin to the latest version to have the updates available.

Best Regards,
Alex