Services Plugins FAQs

Flixly, creating new film

Now I’m testing Flixly. In creating new film, is only Vimeo URL available? The Youtube URL is not available for my testing.

Hello, thank you for reaching out!

The video player can display videos only from one source Vimeo or YT video. Currently, the selected option is Vimeo but it can be easily changed to YT. Also further it is possible to change the plugin for displaying the video if you will want to get rid of these limitations.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I am looking to start a Flixly website soon but I wanted to make sure I can host my own videos without having to use YT or Vimeo. What plugins would you suggest using to host without third parties?

Thanks!

Hello, @gabriellescorrigan
Thanks a lot for reaching out.

The Flixly template is an online platform where you can post-film and shows, broadcast them and earn on subscription (i.e Netflix, Hulu or Vudu).

You can upload the videos to your DataBase ( however, if you are on a free Bubble plan, the capacity is not so large).

The video player can display videos only from one source Vimeo or YT video. Currently, the selected option is Vimeo but it can be easily changed to YT.
Please note that you can replace it with anything else (Wistia, AWS, etc.), however, you will need to change/add some workflows, depending on the used plugin for it.

In case you would be interested to know more about this template, kindly follow these steps:

• test the template functionality/design by visiting its Live Demo page:https://netflixtemplate.bubbleapps.io/

• make sure that you have checked the template documentation to investigate the structure and main features of the current template set up: https://docs.zeroqode.com/templates/flixly-video-streaming-like-netflix-template#features

• take into consideration that our templates are web apps with a responsive design (they will work and look nice on the desktop and mob browsers);

• consider that all our templates are fully customizable, which means it is possible to change almost any design/functional part (solid Bubble skills are needed).

Thank you for asking questions about our products! Please accept my promo code KATECH5 as a small token of our gratitude. It gives you a 5% discount on any of our templates. Use it at the template checkout and make sure it is ALL CAPS.

Hope my answer helps you.
Regards,

I would like to be able to distribute only videos uploaded to our own DB without using vimeo or YT.
Can you please tell me what methods are available?

Hi @founder-z thank you for your message.

The initial template’s setup implies the video showcasing functionality via the standard Bubble’s video element. It supports Vimeo and YouTube URLs only.

But after the template purchase, you can change the logic of showcasing the videos on your end. The possible solution here is to add the files inside the Bubble’s Database (using the File Uploader element + Create a new thing in Database action). Then, retrieve and play them with the help of an additional plugin (you can use any free video plugin that satisfies your needs).

Please note that template customization requires strong Bubble skills. In case you would be interested to know more about this template, kindly follow these steps:

• test the template functionality/design by visiting its Live Demo page;
  • make sure that you have checked the template documentation to investigate the structure and main features of the current template set up, (right side “Documentation” link on the template page);
  • take into consideration that our templates are web apps with a responsive design (they will work and look nice on the desktop and mob browsers);
  • consider that all our templates are fully customizable, which means it is possible to change almost any design/functional part.

I hope this helps.
Have a good day!

Thank you for your answer.
What is the maximum number of videos that can be uploaded?

Also, is it possible to increase the maximum number of uploads by using an external DB?

Hello @founder-z, hope all is good.

There is no limitation on the number of videos that can be upload. It mostly depends on what pricing plan you will go with, here is a link to Bubble’s comparison plans, where you can check and compare the File storage available with each plan. Make sure to check the ‘Pricing FAQ’ questions as there is a detailed explanation that should help you choose the best option. :slight_smile:

Besides that, you can always connect an external plugin that will allow you to create and use an external DB to store the videos.

Have a good day!