Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy search: input stops after x characters?

Hi! I’ve noticed a strange behavior of the fuzzy search plug-in and I’m hoping you could point me to a fix or work-around.

The issue only occurs when the RG contains a RichText input element (I’m using Bubble’s new native RT input). Without this element in the RG everything is normal:
What happens is that after I’ve typed the number of characters defined in “Exclude Terms Shorter Than” into the search input field, the cursor will leave the search input field. I don’t know where the cursor goes, but I have to click into the search input field again to continue refining the search. This only happens when there are results to display.
When using backspace to delete characters from the search input, the same thing happens once I reach the number of characters in “Exclude Terms…”.

Has anybody else had this type of issue??

Hi, @f18nacra!

Thanks for reaching out!

Yes, indeed, the cursor is disappearing. So far, the search input is a bubble element, just like the RTE, and therefore we cannot influence them. The plugin does work without the RTE. In this case would be better to contact the bubble directly to troubleshooting this: https://bubble.io/contact.

Hope you will manage to resolve this!
Best, Julia.