Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy Search issue w/ advanced filtering

Hi! I’m using Fuzzy search in my app, and the issue I’m having is that the search results don’t seem to get updated if I change one of my other filters. I have to manually change the fuzzy search input to get the new results. This short Loom explains it.

Is there a solution? Thanks!
-joey

Hi @joey1,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the delayed reply.

Thank you for sharing this detailed recording, I’ve carefully checked it with the dev team and this is exactly how the Fuzzy Search Plugin works.
The search results are always compared with the input value and it is showing the matches. Once you update the input value, the search result will display those results intersecting with the applied filter.

As a suggestion, you can try to use the Plugin action Reset input Search&Autocorrect A when the filter is applied so the user will have to type the search name again.

Hope it helps.
If you require any further information, feel free to contact me, I’ll be glad to help.
All the best. :pray:

Thanks! I got it working the way I want using a custom state and some workflows. If it’s not too difficult, it would make things like this much easier to implement if there was a plugin action “Redo search” or something like that. This way we could trigger a re-search if we changed some other filter.

Appreciate the help!

-joey

Hi @joey1,
Thank you for your reply, glad you solve it. :slight_smile:

Also, thanks for the suggestion, I will add it to the list of future plugin improvements, and we will check on how possible it is to implement such an option and add new action of “Redo search”.
Once it happens, I will let you know.

Have a great day ahead.
Regards, :pray:

Heads up! Updating the plugin to version 1.14 broke it, it no longer works with the “match from an input with input ID” option.

1 Like

Hi @joey1,
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I’ve passed this to our dev team for additional research, once it will be fixed, I will notify you asap.

All the best, :pray:

Hi @joey1,
Thank you for your patience.

Can you please check the conditionals of your Repeating Group showing search results and compare it with the Screenshot below:

Please try adding the same conditional and let us know if that will solve the issue with the Fuzzy Search plugin.

Also please let me know the Bubble version you are using :pray:

Looking forward to your reply.
All the best, :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Igor! Thanks so much for helping me with this.

• I do have the S&A set up like this, as I show in the Loom below.
  • The issue is that the S&A works perfectly if I use a filter and THEN use the fuzzy search input, but not the other way around.
  • My app is on the latest version (21)

-joey

Hey @joey1,
Thank you for your reply.

I’ve carefully checked your video and the plugin setup looks correct, but the issue might be in the filters and the custom state that is applied after using the plugin.

Can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide a link to your app? Tell us the name of the page where you do the search and the workflow to look into it and try to figure out what could possibly go wrong.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:
Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: ignore the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:
Regards,

Hey Igor!

I just added that email address as a collaborator. The link to the page in question is called “search.” Let me know if you need more information or have any questions about how it’s set up. The workflow that applies the filters is called “search & filter” in the “Search Functions” workflow folder.

Thanks!
-joey

Hi @joey1,
Thank you for adding our email to collaborators.

I will check your setup with the team and get back to you tomorrow with an update and our thoughts.

Have a great day!
All the beast, :slight_smile:

Hi, @joey1. Thank you for your patience :slightly_smiling_face:

We have checked your search functionality on the search page, which involves our Fuzzy plugin.
As we can see, there are 2 possible use-case scenarios on your page:

• when the user applies a filter before texting into the search element (before triggering our plugin);
  • when the user applies a filter after texting into the search element (after triggering our plugin).

The first use-case works fine, as you have also confirmed, because:

1. after applying a filter - you are sorting your repeating group Artists Results Data Source;
  2. after triggering our plugin by texting into the search element - you are doing a search through the filtered data source (which is set up in the repeating group Artists Results element’s Conditional tab).
    That’s why this use case works fine - because you have set it up correctly on the repeating group side.

The second use-case is not working as expected, because:

1. when you trigger the search element (Fuzzy plugin), you are changing the repeating group Artists Reusults Data Source to Fuzzy search Matches;
  2. when you try to apply filtering above the results in repeating group (returned by the plugin), you are trying to apply that filter to the data source which is not existing on the page. Since the data source of the Artists Results RG is Fuzzy search Matches, filtering is not working on it because you have no such setup on your RG’s Data Source.

What we can recommend here:

1. show the search filed only after the user has chosen at least one filter (super optional, because it limits the user);
  2. set up the RG Artists Results Data Source filtering the Fuzzy Matches results after some filter was applied (you can transmit the chosen filters into the custom state and then apply :filtered operator to the Fuzzy’s Matches; or any other preferred method).

Recommendation: do not set filtering right into the Fuzzy’s element, because it can ruing the plugin’s work.

Hope this makes sense and will be useful for you :slightly_smiling_face: