Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy Search not working if data is being passed from another page

Hello @luca.tschannen
I hope you are having a great weekend. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d like to know if you received my previous message.

Did you have time to check the suggestions we made, or did you fix the reported issue by yourself?

We would appreciate your feedback upon this. In case you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions, we would be happy to assist you.
Have a nice day! :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Hi Vasile

Thank you for your assistance and your time, I really appreciate it!

Here is in detail my situation of my bubble-app:

Here is the desired functionality:

• A user can enter a search expression on the index-page and hit enter to search for it.
  • When hitting enter, the page “company search” is opened and the searched expression is placed in the input field “search” on that page.
  • This triggers the fuzzy search, that is linked to the repeating group that shows on page load the search results for the expression in the search field (transferred via page URL).
  • When changing the expression in the search box (eg: enter a new company name to search for), the new search results are loaded with the fuzzy search.

For me, fuzzy search works great when I enter a new expression in the search box on the page “company search” but no search results are shown upon loading the page, even though there is an expression inside the search box (loaded via page URL):

However, if I change a letter in the search, then fuzzy search triggers and it shows the search results perfectly.

I have tried your suggestion to change the fuzzy_search settings to enable the “text to match” to equal the searh expression from the page URL and disabling the “set text to match from an input box” but the search does not trigger (the Key name matches). This problem matches the explanation of Serg that the fuzzy search is only triggered on letter typing.

I believe this is a very common feature on established websites where an index page contains a search bar and when triggering a search, the user is being sent to a results page, where the search can be modified in a new search box.

Do you see any fix for my issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

Luca

Hello @luca.tschannen ,
I hope you are doing well.

I have tried your suggestion to change the fuzzy_search settings to enable the “text to match” to equal the searh expression from the page URL and disabling the “set text to match from an input box” but the search does not trigger (the Key name matches). This problem matches the explanation of Serg that the fuzzy search is only triggered on letter typing. Do you see any fix for my issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Could you please share with us a video recording of your workflow setup, URL key and parameter you were looking for, the issue you see, and the expected result, for screencast recording (I can suggest using the Loom tool).

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.
Take care!