Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy Search not working if data is being passed from another page

Hello! My Fuzzy search input is working just fine until I get the search bar value from the URL (it is as if the search bar was completely empty), please see the video attached: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Is there a walkaround to this? How can I fix it? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @canodjan3, thanks for your message.

The initial value added to the input (on page load) is not considered by the Fuzzy Search plugin, which triggers only on letter typing.
Regretfully, the current plugin functionality doesn’t allow triggering on values that are set initially in the input field (passed from another page for example).
Still, I’ve added this as an improvement suggestion for the plugin, so the developer team will check how feasible would be to add this in future plugin updates. In case any news in this regard will appear, I will let you know.

If in the meanwhile if any other plugin-related questions will appear, please let me know.

Regards,

Appreciate it, thank you!

1 Like

Just another question about it, I believe the data is being shown correctly on the backend but not on the front end. Results are the same but not being sorted as they should, is there a way to fix this? Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hi @canodjan3, thanks for your reply and the additional screencast shared.
I’ve passed it on to the developer team for research, on what could be the cause.

Once any news will appear, I will let you know asap :pray:

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Hi @canodjan3, thanks for your patience.

Currently, you filter data from the database and then display the search results written in the Matches state (not filtered).

To get a sorted (filtered) list, you need to set sorting both for the date from the database and the Matches state for each type of sorting. We’ve set a model of one type of sorting on this demo (for years), please check.

Hope this helps. If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Awesome! I wasn’t aware of this but it did work, thank you for this!

2 Likes

@canodjan3, you’re welcome :wink:

If you like our plugin, we would be grateful if you could rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble Editor. Find the plugin by name and gives it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Regards,

Of course! Appreciate it!

2 Likes

I am seeing the same issue - the search function is not working when data is being passed from another page. I hope I can also get the update when this is solved!

Hello, @oken.
Thank you for your message and please accept my sincere apologies for the late reply. :pray:

Could you please show me the use case you have with the screenshots of it? That will help me investigate the issue and find a solution for it.

Thanks! :sunflower:

Hey @Serg @kate !

I am finding this weird bug, please see the video attached so maybe you could help me figure out what is going on, thanks! Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hello, @canodjan3!

Would you please provide details of your use case? So we can recreate it on our test app for further investigation. Please provide the maximum of details that would help us replicate your use case as accurately as possible.

Of course, here are the details: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom
Also, this is the link to the editor: Rec&Share v2 | Bubble Editor
It is on the page consumer request and you can run as djancano@hotmail.com

Hey @canodjan3,

Thank you for the detailed video and my sincere apology for the late reply.

What I understood from the Loom video, you are searching with a text input and a dropdown choice.

This issue might come from the filtering of your data source in the condition tab of the Search&Autocorrect Element, the filter being the choice of the dropdown. When you don’t choose anything for the Category dropdown, the filter value is empty, so the plugin is looking in the database for data that has no information in the Category field.

With the information provided at this moment, I can suggest a simple fix that might work. Where you filter the value of the Dropdown, check the Ignore Empty Constraints checkbox shown in the screenshot below:

What this does is, when the dropdown value is empty, the filter will not take into consideration the empty value of it and will ignore the constraint.

Please give it a try and check if it will help your filtering issue.

In case this does not resolve the problem, please add our support@zeroqode.com account to the list of your app collaborators as we do not have permission to see the editing page of your app.

Cheers :hugs:

Hey! Thank you! Unfortunately, this didn’t solve the problem, however, I believe your team has been added- Let me know if you need anything else!

Hey @canodjan3,

Could you please check again the permissions as we still do not have access to your page. You can remove and add us again if we are on the list.

Thank you so much :hugs:

Hi Serg,

I have the same request as canodjan3: I really need a fuzzy search function that not only triggers on letter typing but also when receiving data on page load.
What is the update on this? Or, is this included in the fuzzy search pro?

Thanks!

Hello @luca.tschannen ,
Thank you for reaching out. :slightly_smiling_face:

We are currently looking into your question and will respond to you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Stay safe.:sun_with_face:

Hello @luca.tschannen ,
Thank you for your patience while we looked into this question. :slightly_smiling_face:

search function that not only triggers on letter typing but also when receiving data on page load.
Could you please specify what type of data should be received on page load in your use case?

If you are looking to get data from the URL as the previous user, we can guide you through this process this is simple to set up and doesn’t require you to upgrade to the premium version.

Simply when you set the page that has the event On page load> Go to page, you will have the option to specify what parameters you want to be sent.

The next step would be for you to make sure to uncheck the set text to match from an input text box.

And opt to set the Text to Match field with the data source called “Get Data from an URL”

Make sure that the Key name from the page you are sending the data matches the Parameter name field.

After these steps are completed you can set the Parametrs you are looking for

The result of this will be that when the URL will contain that parameter you previously set.

The data will be extracted

Hope this was helpful, let me know if you have any other questions.
Have a nice day! :sunny:

1 Like