Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy Search not working properly

Hi everyone, I’ll be gratefull if someone can help me with this !

Ok so when a user is doing a search, he goes to the page with the input parameters query = research.
For example if I search for table, I go to www.mypage.com?query=table.

I’ve set my Search&Autocomplete element to “text to match : Get query from page URL”

But for some reason, it doesn’t work. When I debug it, I can see some Score Matches but no match.
Can you help me please ?

I’m pretty sure I did everything right, and the flow was working one week ago.

Thanks, Robin

1 Like

Hello @robinchekki, :wave:

Thank you for reaching out.

Firstly, it’s important to ensure that the Search&Autocomplete element is correctly configured to match text based on the URL parameter. However, from what you’ve described, it sounds like there could be a discrepancy between the element settings in your setup and how it’s set up on our demo page. On our demo page, the Search&Autocomplete element is configured to match the input value directly, rather than a URL parameter.

Here’s what you can do:

• Verify that the URL parameter is correctly named and corresponds with what you have specified in the element’s settings for “text to match.”
  • Ensure that the URL parameter is being correctly passed to the page and that there are no encoding issues with spaces or special characters.
  • Double-check that the data source for your Search&Autocomplete element is properly set and that it contains the entries you’re trying to match.
  • If the issue persists after these checks, it may help to replicate the configuration from our demo page where the element matches the input value. You might temporarily switch the “text to match” to an input’s value to see if this resolves the problem.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please share a screen recording showing the issue (we reccomend using loom.com) and your setup so that we can look into this further.

Best Regards,
Daniel.

Hello Daniel,
Thanks for your answer .

I souble checked everythink you said. But, unfortunately, it doesn’t work.
My page can’t use an input, as the main goal is to have my user type something within the landing page, and see the result in the search page.

Here is the loom you requested : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

As you can see I have match score but no matches. How is that even possible ?

1 Like

Hi @robinchekki, :wave:

Please accept my apologies for the delay over weekend. :pray:

Thank you for following up and for providing the video demonstrating the issue.

Let’s try a different approach:

1. Please turn off the “Set text to match from an input box” option in your Search&Autocomplete element settings.
  2. Then, directly add the input field in the “text to match” field within the element’s properties.

This should allow the Search&Autocomplete element to properly reference the user’s input and display the matching results accordingly.

If you’ve tried this and it doesn’t resolve the issue, we may need to take a closer look at your setup. In this case, please grant us access to your application so we can better understand what’s happening and assist you more effectively. For this please add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app (disregard the warning, our email can be added to the collaborator list even if your app is on the Free plan). And please let me know the page name where the issue is found.

I am here to ensure everything works as intended, so let me know how it goes after making the suggested changes.

Best regards,
Daniel.

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your answer,
I definitely know how to do this, it’s just not how I want my search function to work.

I had to switch to another plugin but thanks for the assistance.
Have a good day,

Robin.

Hello @robinchekki, :wave:

Thank you for the update. I understand that sometimes a particular functionality may necessitate exploring different solutions, and I’m glad you found a plugin that fits your needs.

Should you have any further questions or decide to use any of Zeroqode’s plugins in the future, please remember that we’re here to assist you.

If you like our plugins, you can rate them by going to the Plugins tab in the Bubble editor and sharing your experience with the rest of the Bubble community. You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves.

Wishing you a good day as well, and much success with your project.

Best regards,
Daniel.