Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy Search Plugin Slow

Hi,
Fuzzy search plugin is very slow with 2,500 users. I tried to bring only the very first 10 but really slow.
Any workaround?

1 Like

Hi @alexandermooreint,

I am sorry for the delayed reply over the weekend!:pray:

I understand the challenge you’re facing. This can happen when dealing with substantial volumes of data. Here are some steps you can take to improve performance:

• Use Third-Party Storage: Consider using external storage solutions like Algolia or AWS to manage your large dataset. After integrating these with Bubble, you can retrieve the data for your search.
  • Optimize Search Fields: The performance depends not just on the number of records, but also on the complexity of each record – the “fat content”, such as the number of fields involved in the search. A table with fewer search fields might perform better than a smaller table with more fields.
  • Server Capacity and Device Performance: Check the server capacity of your Bubble app and consider upgrading if necessary. Also, the device you use to run your app can affect performance.
  • Create a Custom State for Data Retrieval: Implement a Custom State on your page which retrieves information from the database. This state’s value will be your data result, which the plugin can then use for searching. You can initialize this Custom State with an action (like when the page loads or on a click event).
  • Set the Plugin Data Source to Custom State: In the plugin, use the page’s custom state (which contains your data) as the data source, rather than the direct database data.
  • Consider the Fuzzy Search Pro Plugin: Our Fuzzy Search Pro plugin offers improved data processing capabilities. You can try it out in your app for a short period and see if it better meets your needs. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.
Screenshots about custom state

These steps should help enhance the search performance in your application. If you need further assistance or have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Daniel.