Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy search - possible limitations on data source?

Hi! Is there any limitations on fuzzy search’s data source?

I have quite a difficult (multiple levels with multiple filters) data source and it works on the repeating group on the same page (returning desired list). But when I copy-paste this data source to the data source of Fuzzy search element, which is connected (through element ID) to a text input to make “search for element by name” functionality, it doesn’t seem to work.

I get no matches no matter what is typed into text input box.

Hello, @giedraitis.mantas.21
We are sorry for the inconvenience you faced with our plugin. :pray:

I’m afraid that we can not reproduce or investigate this issue without more info. Can you please describe this case in more detail? Please attach all the necessary info like:

• error screenshots from debugger and browser console;

• screenshots of your current settings for each plugin’s elements: input, plugin element, and repeating group;

• let us know if you are using other plugin’s on the same page;

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,

Hi again. Thank you for responding this quickly.

No worries about any inconvenience, I love your products, it’s just this small thing that by all accounts could be just me missing something. Especially because I am new to development and am not technical. So please bear with me.

I used the same elements with the same data before, just the data source was simple “do a search for…”. It was working fine. But now, as my app is getting more complex, I have to use more complex data source and would like to avoid using “do a search for…” as it searches all the database and would be not optimal for speed in case of scaling. And it stopped working as soon as I upgraded my data source (just a reminder - the repeating group works fine after the upgrade).

I am sending what I can (I am using debugger for the first time so please let me know if you’d need anything more):

1. The first screenshot is of the input, the second - of the fuzzy element, and the third - of the repeating group:

2. I am sending the settings for elements too. Please note, that I also did some testing of my own, bypassing the repeating group and using just some text elements to show the count of the fuzzy search matches and it showed 0. Therefore the problem is before we get to the repeating group-fuzzy search connection.

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 18.52.11

3. Other plugins used on the same page: animated loaders, CSS tools (for scrollbar elimination), multi-file dropzone, ultimate toolkit.

Don’t know if it’s relevant (as it is not in the fuzzy search element itself), but I should add the filtering I am using on the source in a repeating group is for using additional filters in the page and has “ignore empty constrains” turned on.

And the filtering used by both elements on the current user’s companies refers to targeting the one company the user is currently signed into (as users can be members of multiple companies) and uses constraint based on company’s unique ID. Also don’t know if it’s relevant, since the repeating group works with this filter just fine.

Thanks a lot for your appreciation :pray:

Usually, we recommend using “Do a search for” as a Data Source for the Repeating Group. However, your variant is also possible, but it should be designed very neatly.

In order to verify that all your filters within Data Source are workable, please press here and provide us the screenshots of the results, which appears on the right side of the panel:

Please allow me to point, that complex filters within the Repeating Group could also affect the speed of searching (sometimes even stronger than a search through Data Base).

Best regards,

I think those filters are not complex per say, they are just more complex for me as a newbie. And I think searching for current user’s items, for which he/she may have let’s say max.50 should be more efficient than looking through 200 of users’ (in this example - 10k) items. That’s why I did it this way.

Especially while I have to anyways have filters both ways.

I’m really sorry for my late reply :pray:

Due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem at the nearest time.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Regards,

OK, done. I hope this doesn’t in some way restrict my ability to work on the same project in the meantime?

Thanks for adding us as collaborators to your app.

Due to the fact, that we start to analyze the plugin’s settings within your application, we kindly ask you to stop working with your project.
Unfortunately, it will prevent us from examining the application on its preview.

I will revert to you immediately after finishing.
Best regards,

Unfortunately I have a meeting tomorrow regarding this project, therefore I can’t stop. But I can refrain myself from working on those parts of the project you are working on. Would this be OK?

We have investigated your application and found out the issue.
Allow me to mention that the method of filtering the information is too complex.

We always recommend using the “Do a search for” as a data source for the reason, that it will help you directly receive the result. After it, you can easily apply filters\sort on the received result.
In your case, you trying to create a chain by filtering different types of data from one to another.

Unfortunately, allow me to mention that this method will slow down the work of your application more than the "Do a search for" operation.

Moving away from the facts above, the main issue is the data type, which you are using, and namely the “List of …”:

Allow me to mention, that creating the List Type requires a bit different creating of the flow and filters in the application. Thus, we recommend you delete all data types, which you are using in your filter (Screenshot by Lightshot) and re-create each of them with another data type, for example, text, company, document.

After you will re-create it, your application should work properly. :pray:
Best regards,

Wow, just realized I haven’t posted my thank you for responding :slight_smile: How rude of me.

Thanks, I was able to workaround the problem with the guidance you provided.

3 Likes