Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy Search Pro adding strange padding element

Hi, this is a strange one. I am using the Search Pro element on a page, and linking it to a standard text input box (by entering an ID attribute from the text box into the ‘Input Box ID’ box of the Search Pro element settings.

Search workflow and everything else works fine, but there’s a strange 40px ‘ul’ box showing up on the left side of the input box. The input box loads fine (i.e., without the margin) and then a few seconds in, the box appears.

After a few minutes of troubleshooting, I noted that I can get the ul box to disappear by removing the ID attribute from the input box, leading me to conclude there’s something in the Search Pro code that’s creating it.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Hello @masvidal, :wave:

Thank you for reaching out and detailing your use case with the Fuzzy Search Pro element. It does sound unusual.

I will communicate this issue to our development team to investigate. They will look into the plugin’s code to determine what might be causing the 40px ‘ul’ box to appear and how it relates to the ‘Input Box ID’ setting.

Your findings and troubleshooting efforts are very helpful and are a great aid. :pray:

Thank you for your patience while we address this, and I’ll get back to you with an update as soon as I have more information.

Best Regards,
Daniel.

Hi again @masvidal, :wave:

The 40px ‘ul’ box you’re seeing is an element related to search suggestions. It appears only when the ‘Search suggestions’ checkbox is enabled within the Search Pro element settings.

This element is designed to display search suggestions and should not affect your page layout. However, if you do not require the search suggestions feature, you can simply disable it by unchecking the ‘Search suggestions’ option in your element settings.

Disabling this feature should remove the ‘ul’ box from your input field.

If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best Regards,
Daniel.