Services Plugins FAQs

Gantt chart plugin documentation

I’ve just purchased the Gantt chart plugin, however when I click on the documentation link, no documentation is shown (it looks as if it is a broken link).

Are you able to resolve please as I have gone as far as I can without the documentation?

Many thanks

Hi! @nicholasjhoulton
Thanks for reaching out.

Apologizes for the inconvenience. Please use this link to be able to see documentation.

Have a nice day!

Best,
Gulce

Thats great, thanks for the quick update.

Looking at the documentation I don’t see a number of the fields in the set up panel that are noted as ‘required’ in the documentation - such as Duration and Progress. Please see screen grab, below. As I cant set these, i can’t get the Gantt chart to show - are you able to advise please?

Many thanks

Hi @nicholasjhoulton

First of all, please make sure your task type is “task” and use the “do a search for” expression to be able to search for tasks in the database.

As you can see, it is important to perform a Do search for method for the Tasks source.

Then please make sure your table is replicating all of the fields as per our docs:

After this, you should see “Task Duration” and “Task Progress”.

Hope it helps!

Best,
Gulce

Thanks a lot for the further information. I have now set up as per the instructions, but I still get on rendering:

This is the database structure (has all the mandatory fields)

Example of one task in this structure

And set up of the Gantt chart

I’m clearing doing something wrong, but I’ve tried everything I can to make this work. Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

I just added in all the optional fields into the database also (parent, collapsed, dependent) based on an older chat thread, but this also did not make it work?

OK, I set progress of the one task in my database from 0 to 1 and then the chart appears. This is good news, but shouldn’t the tasks show even if the progress is 0? i.e. at the start of a project?

Setting it back to zero makes the chart disappear again

Seems same for all tasks - 0 progress can’t see the task, progress of 1 and you can see the task

Hi,

one other issue, scaling the x axis to 24 makes the page hang, anything under this is fine, but 24 basically hangs the page?

Many thanks
Nick

Last query!! Is there anyway to set the default view to say, 20 (effectively a day view). The Input slider changes the x axis as required, but this in only when the slider is clicked, so the default value in the input slider (say set to 20) does show this on the input slide but obviously doesn’t impact the gantt chart itself. I can’t see a way to default the start view for the x axis?

Many thanks!!

Hi @nicholasjhoulton
Apologies for the late reply.

We’ve checked the Demo page and found some issues with its functionality. I would like to let you know that our developers are investigating the issue, and as soon as I have any news I’ll get back to you.

In case you have any other questions, or issues please let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Gulce

Great, thanks for the update. Is there anyway to set the default view to say, 20 (effectively a day view). The Input slider changes the x axis as required, but this in only when the slider is clicked, so the default value in the input slider (say set to 20) does show this on the input slide but obviously doesn’t impact the gantt chart itself. I can’t see a way to default the start view for the x axis?

Many thanks!!
[/quote]

Hello @nicholasjhoulton

Let us please investigate this possibility with our developer team. We will get back to you asap and notify you at the earliest possible.

Thank you for understanding.

Have a nice day!

Hi! @nicholasjhoulton
Thank you for your patience. :slightly_smiling_face:

We’ve fixed the issue with the progress bar, it all functions correctly now. Kindly ask you to upgrade your plugin to the latest version (1.8.0) and give it a try.

As for your last query, please set an on-page load event and set a state in your workflow. Create a new custom state, the value should be ”input slider’s value” and then, please add the “ scale X ganttchartA” action. Also, please make sure you set the max value (20) for the input slider. For example:

Summary

Hope it helps!

Best,
Gulce

1 Like