Services Plugins FAQs

Gantt plugin - hard error

I have been testing the Gantt plugin for some time, and came across a hard error recently.

If the parent-child relationship gets messed up, and either points to nothing, or relationships are missing altogether, then the plug fails hard, and the page actually hangs.
Orphans are not handled well.

This should be handled better. Ignore “bad data”, display and warn, or something. Don’t chrash!
Applications actually says : “Ooops! Something went wrong…” :smiley:
I think backend goes away to another place…

Best regards
Alexander Moan

Hi @alexander,
Thank you for reaching out. :slightly_smiling_face:

For us to better understand, would it be convenient for you to share more details about this issue you’ve encountered?

Namely, screenshots and screencast of the issue you see, the expected result. For the screencast recording, I can suggest using the Loom tool.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Gulce

This should be quite easy to reproduce.
Create the typical Project-milestone-task table structure with parent-child reletaionship.
Create 4-5 rows of connected data

Then remove one connection, or destroy the correction by pointing to something non-existing.

That should fault the component.

I do not have time just at the moment to do this, but I might next week, or during the weekend.
Maybe I can make a screen recording…

best regards
Alexander Moan

Hi @alexander,

I’ve tried to reproduce your use case, but unfortunately, we can’t investigate your use case without more details from your side. Therefore, I would like to kindly ask you to record a video when you have time. I would appreciate it a lot. :pray:t2:

Thanks!

Gulce