Services Plugins FAQs

"General error" in Bubble with the "File uploads >50mb + Video Capture"

Hello,

Trying to store some URL and UUID with the plugin in the title of this post.

UUID works very well.

URL gives this :

Bug in custom code TypeError: instance.data.loadBase64 is not a function at eval (PLUGIN_1520947543761x612442212700782600/File-uploads–50mb—Video-Capture-element_action–Uploadcare-Open-dialog-window-.js:334:23) at HTMLDivElement.drop (https://ucarecdn.com/libs/widget/3.x/uploadcare.full.min.js:43:183581) at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (https://ucarecdn.com/libs/widget/3.x/uploadcare.full.min.js:35:39197) at m.handle (https://ucarecdn.com/libs/widget/3.x/uploadcare.full.min.js:35:37192) at root (PLUGIN_1520947543761x612442212700782600/File-uploads–50mb—Video-Capture-element_action–Uploadcare-Open-dialog-window-.js:334:23)

I was used to use this plugn 2 years ago with no issue.

I tried to re-install, no effect.

I tried to roll back to some previous version, same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michel

EDIT : the error precisely pops up when I drag&drop any image into the uploader.

Hello, @michelduprez1
Thanks for reaching out and sorry for our late reply.

In order to understand how we can reproduce this issue, please share with us the screenshots of your workflow and plugin settings.
Also, it would be really helpful if you will record a screencast, where we can see how this error occurs.

I am looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina,

Thanks for your answer.

I’ve no time to send you what you need to find the issue, unfortunatly, specially at the moment.

But look, I rejected that plugin and bought the other one, the “Custom Image Uploader”, which works perfectly, except that I really need to force users to truncate their pictures to a ratio your plugin do not propose : 4:3.

So, for now, I let “free” ration truncation, but that’s really not ideal as Profile pix on my platform won’t be right cut. (I hope my english is enough to make me understand :slight_smile: )

Would you add to this plugin the same freedom you propose in the “File uploads >50…” plugin ? I mean, there you can encode whatever ratio you need, manually.

Do you think it’s possible ?

Thanks,

Michel

Hello, @michelduprez1
Thanks for letting us know that.

Please note that our plugin’s main goal is uploading files (from the computer, device camera, URL, Facebook, Google Drive, Google Photos, Dropbox, Instagram, Evernote, Flickr, and Onedrive) to the Uploadcare platform.

Can you please describe this request in more detail? It will help us to analyze this request and discuss it with our team.

Best regards,

1 Like

Dear @Ecaterina ,

Yes I’m using your plugin to let users upload profile’s pics (my app is some “another-one-CMS” about film industry), and I subscribed to the 45$ plan.

Honestly, the single advantage that keeps me paying for this service is the great uploader, which really makes life simple about uploading a lot of pictures, as those pictures must all be 400x300 px, and sources are from all around the web. Doing a similar work without ULC uploader would represent a lot of work on Photoshop or so.

Well, I’m exagerating a bit because another advantage seems to be the use of any declination of the uploaded photos, which is good to get a reactive platform.

So…

Into the “File uploads >50…” plugin, you got this feature :

As you know, those ratios will be the ones the end user will see as available in their Uploader Tool.

But in the "Custom Image uploader, you have no possibility to manually change the ratios. You need to choose between 1:1, 2:3; 4:3; 9:16, 16:9 and FREE.

I need some 3:4 ratio option, and currently, I’ve no other choice than using the FREE option, which isn’t that good as the user has to manually draw something he estimates making 3:4.

And maybe tomorrow, I’ll need some 1:3 option, I don’t know.

So, could you implement the same text option as in the other plugin ?

Thanks,

Michel

@michelduprez1
Thanks for the details.

Please note that the “Custom image uploader” plugin was created not by us :slightly_smiling_face:

So, I’m afraid that we can’t improve the third-party plugin. We created the File uploads >50mb + Video Capture, not another you are using.

You can reach the author of the second plugin with this request and maybe they will improve their plugin.

Best regards,

Oh my god, sorry for that ! :upside_down_face:

I’m trying on their side.

And as soon as I’ll get a bit more time, I’ll provide you everything necessary to solve the issue I talked about in the beginning.

Thanks for your help,

Michel

Hey, @michelduprez1
Great that we figured this out.

In case we can help you with anything regarding the plugin configuration - let me know.

Best regards,