Services Plugins FAQs

Generate PDF and send links / attached file

Good evening,

I have been trying to convert PDF on page load, then send an email, with either a link to the PDF or an attached file.
I have been reading the documentation and also went to the demo website, but could not find any way to make it work.

Here is my workflow, i convert the page to the pdf (i did auto save and aws upload to check conversion was working, and it is), then when the conversion is done i send an email with following data :

Also tried this topic Bubble page to pdf converter / Send generated pdf by mail - #4 by levon

but the answer is not in there !!

Thank you for your help

Have a nice day

@mickael.vermand, hello!
Apologies for the late reply :pray:

We have received your request and I will get back to you after the investigation, to provide some insights on your issue. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

@mickael.vermand,

Have you tried to save your converted PDF files into your database first?

Before sending the email with PDF links, please try to save a PDF file and/or URL into your Bubble database using the “Create a new thing” action. Follow the guide:

1. Page is loaded > Convert element to PDF (sometimes “Add pause before the next step” is needed before the Convert to PDF action);
  2. Do when ConverttoPDF A Output file URL is not empty > Create a new thing (create new db table where you will save your PDF file and URL > Add pause before next action > Send email

Please see the example:

I hope it helps. Take care

Hello kate,

Thank you for answering, it is working now.

I face another issue, it looks like the plugin lower my images quality, on the pdf but also on the page. You will find below a gif of what happens on my page : when my page is loaded, the image is good, but when the plugin take the screenshot to convert it, the image quality gets poor and image’s size is not correct.

XyZ96GGWuS

Here are my settings :

Thanks for your help

@mickael.vermand,

Indeed, the plugin on this version blurs a bit the result PDF file quality.

Still, I can recommend you to play with the Format/Custom format settings to avoid image stretching. Your gif shows that your result PDF page looks stretched in height. So it might help if you indicate the exact page width/height (in the Custom Format field) and use the Custom Format value in the Format drop-down.

P.S.: You might want to check the 1.27 plugin version PDF quality. But please note that it has a different setup.

I hope it helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you !

The page I am trying to convert is 1200 x 2643.
I just tried with custom format but no difference

Please find below the settings i currently use

The weird thing is that the page also gets lower img quality once the plugin have generated the pdf. The gif I showed was on my page, not the pdf. To summarize, if i turn off the plugin my logo is great, but when i turn on conversion, the logo’s quality gets poor both on the pdf and on the page

PS: another quick question, the plugin works perfectly (except the issue i have been talking about) on Chrome and Firefox, but it looks like the pdf does not get generated / sent with Safari. Is that a known issue ?

@mickael.vermand,

You have forgotten to set the “Format” = Custom Format field:

Nope, the plugin was working great on Safari these days. Let me please check it as well.

Regards,

Just did a test but it’s not working when I set custom format in the format. The link does not get generated and file is not saved/sent…

Thank you, just did another test with safari, it’s not working neither, but fine on chrome and firefox

@mickael.vermand,

I have replicated your use case on our demo page (page format, etc) and tested it on Safari - works well, the resulted PDF file is saved/sent successfully after the conversion.

Let me please also provide you a few suggestions, if you don’t mind. The 1200x2643 pixels - is quite a big resolution for the page. I recommend you to separate it into 3 (at least) pages, landscape orientation.

The example of the correct and workable plugin usage you can find on our demo page (see the editor):
https://zeroqode-demo-01.bubbleapps.io/page-to-pdf

It should help. Take care.

Hi!

I am trying to send the generated pdf as an attached file through an email but I don’t get the option to add the file to my DB like you mention as a solution, only the output URL.

I need to include the resulting PDF file in the email. How can I achieve this?

Hi @christian2895, thanks for your questions.

Kindly check the plugin Demo Editor page for an example of an action that saves the file in the database:

Kindly check if the following setting would work on your side:

Hope it helps. Please let me know if I can help with anything else related to our plugin.
Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the same settings as you :

Once the process is done I added a workflow to save the pdf url to the DB just like in your demo:

And then I added the result to the email

But this is not working. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Here is something else, the url that saves to the data base is different from the file manger url:
File manager: https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1625941049126x734261215102234200/59CC5CD2-D7CA-4F30-8ACC-C15A589DB629

But this is the URL when using “outputFileURL”
https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1625941049126x734261215102234200/59CC5CD2-D7CA-4F30-8ACC-C15A589DB629.pdf
which is the result of this workflow:

This URL gives the following message:

Hi @christian2895, thanks for the provided screenshots.
Allow us to analyze them with the developer team for any possible issue.
Once any feedback will be available, I will let you know.

Thank you for understanding,
Regards,

Hi @christian2895, thanks for your patience and sorry for the delayed reply.

We’ve double-checked the plugin functionality in relation to Bubble platform capacities and would like to tell the following:
Unfortunately, it is not possible to automatically send the create pdf file itself, as an attachment to the mail.
In order to send an attached file, it is required manually to download it first to the database, then attach it to the mail.

A possible workaround, in this case, would be to indicate in the mail body the URL link to the pdf file, generated by the Bubble Page To PDF Converter plugin (please be sure to have the link setup for public access).

We have pushed a plugin update, that has fixed this issue.
To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.51.0 - improved the method of saving URL ) and give it a try.

Sorry for not being helpful with the previous answers. If I can help with anything else related to our plugins, kindly let me know.

Regards,