Services Plugins FAQs

Getting error: "Sorry, we ran into a temporary bug and can't complete your request."

Hi Team,

I’m receiving this error: “Sorry, we ran into a temporary bug and can’t complete your request. We’ll fix it as soon as we can; please try again in a bit!” and have no idea why. I’ve properly installed the "Google Sheets & Charts (Service) plugin but when I try to test the actual workflows I receive that error. The error pops up on both the live and dev versions of the site.

Can you recommend some steps for me to be able to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,
Thomas

Hello @bootstrapp.co

Thanks for reaching out!
I would recommend you, to double check our documentation and application setup, the editor page : https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/google-sheets-and-charts-service-plugin

Also strongly recommend you to check your API key since this sometime may cause such issue, be sure it’s correctly formatted and pasted inside the plugin setup tab.

Alternatively, share with us more details, like screenshots/video of your workflow, setup plugin, console.logs, etc.

Thanks for understanding. :pray:

Regards,
Dumitru.

Hi Dumitru,

The documentation says:

Now copy private_key (the edited one) to plugin settings in Bubble editor: Before that however the key should be edited first. You will need to remove only all the “\n” and “=” characters from it and replace them with <-Enter. This is from official google documentation (https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/v2/orders-best-practices)

1. The official documentation doesn’t mention anything about “replacing” characters in the private key.

2. What are we even supposed to replace \n with? Are we replacing \n with the characters “<-” ??

3. Also, I have a video of my entire setup that I’d like to share with you, but since it has my private key, I can’t share it on the forum. Is there a way of sending you the link to the video directly?

Thanks,
Thomas

Hello @bootstrapp.co

As far as documentation goes, Google says

if you plan to make REST calls to the API through a web service, you must edit the value of the private_key field in the key file

It is right in the link: Best practices  |  Content API for Shopping  |  Google Developers

Meaning you should remove \n and use Enter to format the key correctly. :slight_smile:

If you’d like to share with us more details privately, send us an email to : support@zeroqode.com with as much details as possible regarding you application setup, google setup, errors, logs steps to reproduce the issue etc.
Thanks for understanding.

Thanks Dumitru,

What do you mean when you say “use Enter to format the key correct” ??

Are you just saying that I should delete any instance of “\n” and then press enter so that the API key drops to a new line? From what I understand, inserting a new line into the API key won’t make an actual difference because new lines aren’t ‘read’ by the machine.

Thanks,

1 Like

I was confused by that verbiage as well. I’m having a similar issue and have compared my setup to the demo. Still getting the error unfortunately.