Services Plugins FAQs

Gmail Plugin - can it be used by multiple users

I bought the Gmail - Small Business plugin today and I have two issues.

I have multiple admins that needs to send emails using the same support@company.com email address. I have set it up for the first user. But when the second user tried to set up with support@company.com, it fails saying that its already registered with another account. Is this not possible from Google? Any documentation from Google on this?

1. Once I have set it up for 1 user, why can I not send other transactional email (perhaps initiated by another user) using the same email? I should be able to fetch the authorization code and use it anywhere. Any idea on how to make this work?

Also, is there a way to get the Authorization Code via the data/action?

Hello, @artswrk
Thanks for reaching out and using our plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not possible. All available data and actions can be found here:

Google Accounts, such as name@your-company.com, are intended for use by one person. If multiple people in your organization frequently access the same Google Account by sharing the username and password, it could cause the following problems for users:

• They might reach an account threshold
  • They might see a challenge or question
  • The account might be temporarily locked

If users need to share an email inbox or manage email for other users, go to Share or delegate email addresses.

This is stated by the Google Organization and this information could be found here Avoid sharing an account among users - Google Workspace Admin Help

Sorry for this inconvenience.
If I can help you with anything else - let me know.

Best regards,