Services Plugins FAQs

Gmail Small Business plugin - Authentication error

Hi Zerocode,

I have installed the Gmail Small Business Plugin. I have copied in the API key and App Secret.
And i have activated the Gmail API in the Google Console.

I just need it to send email from Bubble.

I get this error in the Bubble.io log:

Workflow error - The service Gmail - Small Business - Send HTML Email just returned an error (HTTP 401). Please contact the plugin author directly for feedback. Raw error: { "error": { "code": 401, "message": "Request is missing required authentication credential. Expected OAuth 2 access token, login cookie or other valid authentication credential. See https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/devconsole-project.", "errors": [ { "message": "Login Required.", "domain": "global", "reason": "required", "location": "Authorization", "locationType": "header" } ], "status": "UNAUTHENTICATED" } }

Hi @renealbertsen,

Thanks for reaching out. Please make sure you are being logged in with your Google account before using plugin actions.

Check our demo setups here, to see how everything works and try to replicate on your side.

Best,
Alex

Hi Alexander,

I am using it only in a backend workflow in Bubble. So i don’t know what you mean by “Make sure you are being logged in with your Google account before using plugin actions”?

I am using a Database trigger event, to trigger when a field in the backend changes. When that changes, i want to send an email through Gmail, with some data from the backend.

And whenever I check it in your demo setup, i just get “This app is blocked”.

Can you guide me?

Hi @renealbertsen,

It means that you need to use Bubble’s native Sign in with a social network action and select the Gmail Small Business as OAuth provider, here:

Which asks your users to log in with their Google account, only then it would be possible to send emails by using plugin actions.

Note: please note that this is a client-side plugin, meaning it is not possible to use it in backend workflows but rather in your regular workflow. However, you can fetch your data in any way you’d like, but just make sure to use the plugin as per our demo instructions.

Unfortunately, this issue is not reproducing on our side. Perhaps you have a blocker at your browser level? Are you using Chrome? When you test our demo app, it will certainly show you this screen when trying to log in with your gmail:

Because this is a testing app just for demo purposes, and you just need to hit Advanced to proceed:

And then go to the bubble app. But these will not be happening on your side after plugin purchase, so it should be all up-and-running if using the correct setups. :pray:

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, i actually only need it for the backend workflows. So i guess it is not useable for me then. But thank you for the answer to my question.

Do you know of any other plugins that lets me send emails from backend workflows through Gmail?

I have it set up now with Sendgrid, but to many of those mails end up in the spam-box, since the Sendgrid IP i am on, gets blacklisted because other people might abuse that server.

Always welcome @renealbertsen!

Sorry, I’m not aware of such plugin but perhaps you can check the Bubble marketplace here https://bubble.io/plugins or the workaround would be the API Connector and building your own connections.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex