Services Plugins FAQs

Gmail small business - retrieve the recipient of the email

Hello

I just bought the plugin and I configured it well. I can read the emails but I would like to retrieve the recipient’s email to be able to filter my list. How can I do that because I can’t find the recipient’s email?

Thx

Hi @thibault.marty,

Thanks for reaching out. Please provide us with more details on this issue and screenshots of where the problem occurs and your editor, and what you are trying to achieve with your app, so we better understand it try get back to you with a solution asap.

Best regards,
Alexandru

No issue, I just don’t know how to retrieve the recipient’s email, is it possible or not ?

Hi @thibault.marty, there might be different workarounds or none, depending on what exactly you are willing to accomplish and where you are trying to retrieve the recipient’s email. To understand it better and try to provide you with a fast solution that could work and satisfy your need, we ask for screenshots to see whether it is related to the plugin, UI or workflow, and try help you. Thanks for understanding :pray:

Okay, I undertstand.
I’m looking to recreate an e-mail system in my app (based on gmail account). I use your plugin to send emails and access user emails but in the list of choices, I don’t have the recipient of the email. Here is a link of my app : https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=chatroom&id=cms-project&tab=tabs-1
First the user logs in and links his google account,
Then the user sends an email to a contact,
Then I retrieve all the user’s emails, which come from the same contact.

Hi @thibault.marty, thanks for your feedback. We tested the app and it is possible to retrieve the recipient’s email. I’ll just get back to you asap with appropriate solution as we check the plugin functionality. Thanks!

Great! Do you know roughly when?

Hi @thibault.marty, here is the path to retrieve the recipient’s email in case of our demo app:

Basically, you continue with 's payload headers:item #6’s value. You can check the settings here at Zeroqode-demo-16 | Bubble Editor and replicate the path. Hope it is helpful!

Thank you for your response. I use a regex to function but I have another problem. Here is the formula : 34
And here is the regex I used :
(?:[a-z0-9!#$%&’+/=?^_{|}~-]+(?:\.[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_{|}~-]+)|"(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21\x23-\x5b\x5d-\x7f]|\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])")@(?:(?:a-z0-9?.)+a-z0-9?|[(?:(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?).){3}(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?|[a-z0-9-][a-z0-9]:(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21-\x5a\x53-\x7f]|\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])+)])

To be more precise, I would like to retrieve emails from only a certain email address.
I would like to keep the email exchange between users.

Would that be possible?

Hi @thibault.marty, I think it would be possible, but I’m afraid we cannot help on this matter with regex as it relates more to Bubble development, I hope you understand. However, you can check Bubble forum here at https://forum.bubble.io/ and reach out to the community that might be very helpful. In case you have issues with the plugin itself, please inform us. Thank you.

Ok I understand. One more thing :innocent:

J’envoie des emails mais le corps du mail reste vide… je ne comprends pas… On dirait un bug

Pourtant c’est un champs texte simple. Here is a video : https://www.loom.com/share/a317fb62b5b549f785bd0140800b3cfe

Hey @thibault.marty thanks for sharing this video. We are aware of this issue and our team is currently working to fix this problem. I’ll get back to you as soon as the plugin bugs are fixed. Thanks for understanding :pray:

Hi there @thibault.marty, I’m just reaching out to notify you on the plugin fix. We have solved the issues, so please do upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try. In case you have some other difficulties with sending email or others, please inform me. Thank you :pray:

1 Like