Services Plugins FAQs

Google Calendar Integration w/ Air Calendar

Hi,

One of my favorite plugins is AirCalendar. I’ve seen you guys pushed an update that enables the google calendar integration. After login the user in and authorizing its google calendar I’ve tried to:

1. Use its calendar ID in the Google Calendar ID field - doesn’t work.
  2. Use its user email in the Google Calendar ID field - doesn’t work.
  3. With both combinations above change the Type Events to the API call, but no luck either…

Would it be possible for you to give a step-by-step explanation on how to integrate the user google calendar with the plugin?

Btw I’ve enabled all the scopes in the google developers console, and it’s currently under approval.
Also, just to be sure the API is correctly pulling the information, I’ve created a RP to display the user google calendar events, and it displayed them correctly. I just seem to be missing how to add them to the Air Calendar.

@zeroqode @Serg Could you take a look into this?

Hello, @zavitac. Sorry for the late reply. :pray:

If your Google Calendar API (in the Plugin tab) is correct, there is the only reason why does the Google Calendar events are not visible in the plugin element - your users, whose emails you are listing in the Google Calendar ID field, have not set their calendars to public.

This is an obligatory point, as per the Full Calendar documentation:

I have just recreated your case and it worked for me. The plugin element (calendar) displays the events from 2 my google calendars (2 different emails). Both of them are set to be public.

Please try this idea and let me know if it helped.

1 Like

Hey @kate ,

Thanks for your input.
I checked and my calendar was not enabled publicly. So, I made it public but still no luck. The events were still not displaying in the air calendar even though being retrieved through the API call.

Would you mind sharing your setup with screenshots? Maybe I’m missing something obvious :grimacing:

If your Google Calendar API (in the Plugin tab) is accurate, the only reason the Google Calendar events aren’t visible in the plugin element is because the people whose emails you’ve included in the Google Calendar ID field haven’t made their calendars public.

1 Like

@gtavmaster20000,

Thank you! :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

@zavitac,

Unfortunately, I have no approximate reasons why the data from your user’s Google Calendars are not visible in the plugin. Please make sure the emails you are pulling into the plugin’s field are in the correct format and if your user’s calendars are set up accurately.

Let me know how it goes.

Hey @kate,

I’ve let this topic rest for a bit while I was working on other parts of my app, but now I’m back on it.

Still no luck on retrieving google calendar events :slightly_frowning_face:

Do you mind if I send you a link to a test page, add maybe add you as a collaborator for you to take a quick look?

Sent you a PM with details.

@zavitac,

Sure thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers!

@Kate @zavitac
Hi,
Did you guys managed to solve this problem? I have the same issue exactly.

Hello, @baum.mori.
Happy New Year and thank you for your patience :christmas_tree::slightly_smiling_face:

Please make sure you have inserted Google Calendar API keys into the plugin fields, to let it work with Google Calendar data:

How and where to get them - please find this information in the plugin doc:

Hope it helps!