Services Plugins FAQs

Google Calendar + Offline Plugin - Questions

Hello everyone,

We have installed Google Calendar + Offline Plugin to our Bubble application, followed all instructions, get client id and client secret info from Google Cloud Console and fill them in corresponding areas.

We are able to authorize the app and get the calendars. However, we are not able to get calendar’s event. It exhibits some weird behaviors. For instance, while it displays a specific event, it starts not to display it anymore although we did not change anything. In addition, it does not display some future events and sometimes it does not display any events.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Hello @ekrem

Thanks for reaching out.

When you say it “exhibits some weird behaviors” do you mean it disappears after some time? Or it does not display the events on page load? The settings on your end appear to be correct, as we have tested your use case, and it seems to work well on our demo page, therefore what I would suggest doing in your case, is mirroring the following setup on a separate page and seeing if the issue still persists:

1. Repeating group and state

Have a repeating group with google calendar’s sorted events as a data source to retrieve the events, also make the following state. Also, put the group inside of the repeating group showing the details of the events (such as name, date)

2. Button to show events

Log in to your account before showing the events. And have a button to display the events in the repeating group with the state.

For additional details regarding the settings, please take a look at our demo editor: zeroqode-demo-11 | Bubble Editor

In case the issue is still present on your page after having the mentioned setup, just let me know.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hello @Kirill, I am appreciated for your reply.

I have followed the steps you listed above but the problem still occurs. The main problem is that plugin does not show all the events in the calendar. It stops showing the event after Sep 30 although there is no time limit. Also, I have realized that it displays 50 events although the maxResults parameter is set to 100.

I am sharing relevant screenshots with you. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much for your interest.

Best regards,

It is pretty strange indeed, does the issue reproduce when signing in with a different Google Account? On our end, the events are shown without any problems. Therefore, I suspect the case might be related to some limitations in the Google account or the current setup of the plugin. As for the max results parameter, we will check that feature and I’ll let you know what can be done regarding that issue.

As for the events, not showing up in the calendar, would you mind adding our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and providing me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Thanks,

Kirill