Services Plugins FAQs

Google calendar plugin doesn't return list of items

Hi, I have followed the setup instructions here:

and setup my calendar following the plugin example:

On running my app, I get the google auth pop-up, I allow the app, and get returned to my app without any error, but I cannot see any list of calendar items or Calendar ID’s, the dropdown remains empty. How can I debug where this is failing?

Hi @koreyk,

Thanks for reaching out. Looks like it doesn’t have any troubles with the setups. But do you actually have any calendars on your Google Calendar account?

Please share the design setups of your app, so we can see how exactly you are trying to fetch data from your own account.

Best,
Alex

Thanks for the response! I do have calendars in my google account

As for the design setup: the only thing I have set up so far is the dropdown, and I can’t figure out why it is not populating with the calendar IDs. Is this enough of an example for the setup you are asking for?

Hi @koreyk,

Thanks for details. The setups seem to be correct, but are you actually signing up with your Google account, before trying to retrieve the calendar IDs?

There is no way to retrieve the Google Calendar data if you are not logged in with your Google account.

This could be a simple button with the following workflow:

Where you select the OAuth provider as Google Calendar plugin.

Best,
Alex

thanks again for the support Alex, very appreciated!

I have this in my app (it’s literally the only workflow)

running the app lets me choose which google account to log into

that gives me an “unverified” warning, which makes sense so I choose continue

and that gives me the allow screen:

when then gives me the empty dropdown that I showed at the start of this thread.

Any clues as the how I could trace this or debug where it’s going wrong at?

Oh @koreyk, in this case could you please do the following, as we would need to test the plugin on your side a bit:

Add our support@zeroqode.com account to your Settings -> Collaboration list (ignore the warning message regarding app plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us).

Tell us your app name and page name where it occurs on test, as well as exact steps in order to reproduce. Granting the admin rights to your app will speed things up a bit, and if you don’t mind creating a testing page for us where we can tweak the plugin - it would be great.

We’ll investigate it inside your app and get back to you asap!

Note : you can send all details via DM if you will.

Best,
Alex