Services Plugins FAQs

Google Calendar Service Account

Hey guys!

Couple of questions and feature requests…

First, I’ve tried out both the Oauth and Service accounts plugin and believe the service accounts version is a better fit for my needs. But, I am really missing the option to pass an event description when creating or editing an event. Any way that could be added to those actions?

Second, Is there anywhere I can go in my Google services account to SEE the calendars I am creating through my app and make sure everything is working as expected?

Also, I intend to create a calendar for each company using my app and would like for the employees on their team to be able to easily subscribe to the calendar from their computers or mobile devices. When I am logged into my personal gmail account, I know I can pull either the private or public calendar links in ical format for that to work. Is there a way to get the plugin to retrieve that URL for a calendar in my Service account? That way I can reference and share that url with users throughout my app as needed.

And final question: Is there a limit to the number of accounts I can create within my service account? I plan to create one for each company using my app (as previously mentioned) and would hate to plan with this in mind only to stumble across a limitation I’m not aware of in a few months. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can share.

Hello Andrew, Thanks for reaching out to us! The first thing you need to acknowledge is that google service account is a virtual machine instance on google cloud. Also, Service accounts do not have passwords, and cannot log in via browsers or cookies. Additional information is located in the following link https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/service-accounts.
As far as I know, there is no limit in accessing the service.
Best regards, Vitalie.

Thanks for the reply Vitalie!

Are you able to provide any insight or response to my first question regarding passing an event description in addition to the other fields when creating or editing an event? Your Google Calendar Offline plugin has this and I could REALLY use it in the Service calendar plugin. Can you guys make that happen?

Hello again, Andrew. Here are the suggestions regarding https://prnt.sc/r08krg
https://prnt.sc/r08rm6

Correct. But, your screenshots are from the Google Calendar offline plugin. The Google service account plugin does not have those options.

It only has summary (title) and location (address). Not description (notes)

Hello, Andrew. Let us check this out get to you back ASAP.
Best regards, Vitalie.

Ok Vitalie - Thanks for looking into it! When should I check back?

No estimates yet, thanks. When we will have an answer we will get to you.
Best regards, Vitalie.

Hey guys! Just wanted to circle back on this. Sorry to keep asking, But I really need this feature in order to use the plugin I’m currently paying for. Any progress?

Hello again, Andrew. We are working right now on the issue you mentioned, there is some work with google API, thanks for understanding,
will get back to you as soon as things get clear,
Best regards,
Vitalie

Hello @andrew2,

To keep you posted, our team is working on adding Description Field to the actions “Create Event” and “Edit Event”. Due to some technical questions implementation of this feature may take additional time, but our team is doing its best to provide the update ASAP. I see that this request was made almost a month ago and I do understand that to wait for so long may be really frustrating. I just want to let you know that your issue is important to us, and we’ll get back to you ASAP with the proper solution.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello @andrew2,

Our team updated the plugin, now the actions “Create Event” and “Edit Event” has the description field. Please update the plugin to the latest version in order to have new functionality available.

Best Regards,
Alex

@alex.grimacovschi Thanks for your work on this! I’m excited to give it a try.

One thing I noticed right off the bat is when I upgrade the plugin to the new version, the boxes for entering my ISS Account Email and my RSA Private Key go away and are replaced with boxes for App ID/Key and App Secret.

I’m not sure those boxes apply for using a service account? Is there a chance that those boxes are being swapped in error? I’m surprised the ISS Account Email and RSA Private Key boxes wouldn’t remain with the new plugin version.

Either way, can you confirm?

Hello @andrew2,

Unfortunately, there is an issue with authentication flow, our team is already working on replacing User Auth with Service Auth. Please do not update to that version :pray:
I will let you know when the fixed version will be published and sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello @andrew2,

We pushed the update for the plugin that should address the last issue. Can you please update the plugin, reopen the app and see if it is working correctly on your sitde, please?

Best Regards,
Alex

@alex.grimacovschi I still don’t think it’s right. :-/ It’s asking for API ID/API Key and App secret instead of asking for the ISS account email and RSA Private key. Screenshots below.

Previous requested credentials:

Current requested credentials:

@andrew2, the latest version is 1.4.0 and there the key has the same format as in previous versions. This was tested on our side and should work correctly. We already pushed the update so probably there is a delay from Bubble. Could you please wait a little bit and check once again if the 1.4.0 version appears on your side?

I just purchased your plugin yesterday and I am getting this error ( Could not sign request token, check private key ) when I preview and try creating a calendar. I’ve followed the steps provided, not sure what I am missing…

Thanks!

@andrew2, did you ever get this to work? I’m getting this error message ( Could not sign request token, check private key ) I purchased the plugin yesterday, version 1.5.0

Thanks

@kelvin Hello

Thanks for reaching out! Looks like the key is the issue, believe you could create another jwt key and and edit it accordingly. It needs to be formatted before using it in the plugin settings.
Here’s the documentation on how to get and edit the jwt for Service Accounts -

hope this helps. :pray:

Alternatively share with us more details, like you setup , workflows, screenshots, steps to reproduce the issue etc.

Regards,
Dumitru