Services Plugins FAQs

Google Drive Service Acc: Copy File

Is there a way with the [Google Drive Service Acc] plugin to make a copy of a template file?

Hello, @peter4.

I’m afraid, the Google Drive Service plugin does not have the “Copy file” functionality. Apologies for the inconvenience. The list of available plugin actions/data calls is the following:

More information on the plugin you can find within its demo page, editor and documentation:

Take care :pray:

Would you have a suggested work-around? This seems like a pretty standard request. Is there anyway I could help add the request to the plugin?

Hi @peter4,

Let me jump in here to help you. Yes, there is a possible workaround that should make it work.

You can use the Add File To Folder in case you are storing your files into a specific folder, so you just indicate the Folder ID and the File ID you want to “move” so it will actually create a copy of it.

Unfortunately, there is not way you could help add the copy feature per se, because it involves actually creating new API Connections on this matter, which can be handled by us only, but we’ve taken your feedback for future improvements if feasible :pray: As for now, the only workaround that could work is the suggestion above.

Hope it helps

Hi guys,

Same thing, I would love to have the Copy File method with this plugin !!!

@alexander : the trick does not work. Google API answers back with the following error
“code”: 403,
“message”: “Increasing the number of parents is not allowed”

Best

Hi @olivier,

Thanks for feedback. Could you please share screenshots and/or screencast of your app setups: design, workflow with action details, as well as preview results with the error message, and your Drive repository so we can see the file names, to have a better understanding of how you are trying to implement the workaround.

Regarding the feature, we’ll consider it as a future improvement for the plugin, if feasible. :pray:

Best,
Alex

Hi @alexandru !

Sorry for the late answer.

I actually found a solution using one of your paid plugin :smiley: !!! I use the “Google Sheets & Charts (Service)” . This plugin provides specific functions for google spreadsheets, but also 2 methods for google drive : Copy File and Delete File. It basically provides for 90 % of my needs, the rest is done using Integromat.

In the future, it would be great to enrich the functions as follow :

• Copy file : enrich the functionality with the ability to provide the new name & the folder of the new file (now we only provide the ID of the source file)
  • Delete file : enrich the functionality with the ability of “Move to trash” instead of permanently delete
  • Get Files : create a new function to search all files / folders available in google drive

In don’t believe that this is a lot of work to do as your connection to Google Drive is already there and documented, and with that, you would provide the only Google Drive paid plugin that works on Bubble. :innocent:

All the best,

Olivier

1 Like

Thanks @olivier for your feedback!

I’m glad you managed to find a workaround solution. We’ll consider the inputs for future plugin improvement if feasible!

Just asking if you like the plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab within your editor? Find it by name and give as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivate we are to build great plugins.

Best,
Alex