Services Plugins FAQs

Google Drive Service Account - Common Issues

Hi @levon

The Google Drive Plugin has some great features - but after playing around with it and getting to know it really well, I’d really like to see some major improvements.

1. Search/Get Files’ items - It basically just pulls everything in the service account, even when a particular file path has been specified. A really good improvement would be if we could specify the hash and have it pull only that particular file

2. The Drive Uploader has a lot of problems. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does. For instance, I’ve placed it in a reuseable element and it doesn’t work. Or I’ve put several on one page and the 3rd one doesn’t work. (Or sometimes it does work - it’s about 50/50)

3. Search / Get Files Item - The API calls are limited to 6. But there are several elements in the Google drive service account plugin. Because of this, I have to convert between one file type and the other but because of item number one mentioned above, this is very difficult and almost impossible.

I do wish some of these major pain points could be resolved. I wanted to use it as a major function in my app, but I’m going to have to massively limit the scope. If I could pick, I’d really like to get just item number one addressed - I keep needing to draw up one particular file and having a heck of a time doing it.

@Serg @levon Help would be so appreciated!

How would it be possible to limit the data call to just a subfolder? Can you help me understand how to do this?

Hello, @askanatty
Thanks for your questions.

Please find all my responses below:

Please allow us to note that this call is working exactly this way. With the correct settings, you will be able to select only specific files.

Currently, there is no possibility to use more than one element on the page. However, we will check if it possible to update the plugin for creating this possibility.

Can you please provide us with more details regarding this request? Please share with us the screenshots of the API calls, you are speaking about. Additionally, please let us know that exactly you are converting and the reason for this action.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

The first issue is discussed in this thread.

Google Drive - Get Folder Childrens - return a list of files contained in current folder - Zeroqode Forum

The 2nd issue - I would love to have a resolution on that. I need to use the element at least 3 times on one page

The 3rd issue is linked to the first issue - I was hoping to filter using a parent file in the Get/Search data call but the conversion was a necessary step. If the Get / Search data call calls files, and the data type Get Parent is a file, surely it should be able to be used to search or filter? Instead it is not able to be used in that way, and causes all sorts of complexities, including conversion.

Hello, @askanatty

Please find below all our responses:

I have already replied to you there :slightly_smiling_face: Please check the response :pray:

We are in process of implementing this feature. I will let you know once it will be tested and deployed.

I’m afraid that this suggestion is pretty unclear for us. If I understand you correctly, you are willing to filter the received files by using the specific file? If not, please provide us more detail here so we will be able to discuss them internally :pray:

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Hi Ecaterina:

Was playing around with the demo page and the upload button had an error. Would you be able to fix this? I refer to this page periodically as reference.

Hello, @askanatty
Thanks for this message.

We will fix our Demo Page at the nearest time. I will notify you once it will be deployed :pray:

Best regards,

Thank you Ecaterina!

Just a question -

I’ve set up one of my repeating groups to pull a data type if that data types’ parent (of type get/search file item) equals a gets/search file item. It is not filtering for the criteria:

What am I doing wrong?

Here is some more data:

Hello, @askanatty

By this message, I would like to notify you that the issue on our Demo Page with the “Upload” button was fixed.
So, you can use it as an example for your application.

Please note that we changed a bit workflow for this button, so you can compare it with your settings.

Allow me to check these settings and to revert to a solution.

Best regards,