Services Plugins FAQs

Google drive service account plugin access to shared drives

Hi, I’ve tested the google drive service account plugin extensively and it seems like it’s not able to access shared drives.

I shared a regular folder with it from my organization, and it worked perfectly.

When I shared a folder from a shared drive, it can’t access it.

I believe all that’s needed is to add the query parameter supportsAllDrives=true to the API calls for this to work. I’m blocked on an important project for a vital client, and hoping this can be resolved quickly.

Hi @gio,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the delayed reply over the weekend.

When you have a moment, could you please provide more screenshots showing how your app is set up, the details of the plugin element you’re using, the related workflows, and the specific error message that appears?
If possible, please record the process in Step-by-Step mode using tools such as Loom, and share a link with us.

This info will help me verify with the dev team and get back to you with additional information.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

@Igor Here you go: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

1 Like

Hello @gio,

Appreciate you sending over the Loom video.

I’ll discuss this with our development team and return to you with further details shortly.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. :pray:
If there’s anything else you need assistance with regarding our plugins, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

Hi @Igor, just checking on the status of this. The client is waiting for this functionality and I’m a bit stuck without it.

Hi @gio,
Thank you for your message and patience. :pray:

We have successfully resolved the issue with Shared Drives and updated the plugin to version 1.21.0.

We ran some tests on our side and were able to retrieve information from Shared Drives.

Please update the plugin inside your app to the latest version and let us know if everything is functioning well.

If there will be other plugin-related questions, feel free to contact us here or via email at support@zeroqode.com

All the best, :slight_smile:

Hi @Igor, that fix worked!

However, it didn’t apply to some of the other actions. For example, I am now able to access a shared drive folder with the “Get file” action, but I’m not able to search for files in a shared drive.

(Please forgive the weird audio, my loom recorded my music instead of my voice)

I’m able to get the folder to show up, but when I search for its children none show up despite it being a valid query.

In order to support drive searches, the files.list action must have these parameters:

supportsAllDrives: Set this to true to include shared and team drives in the response.
includeItemsFromAllDrives: Set this to true to consider files and folders in all drives, not just those in the user’s “My Drive”.
driveId: (Optional) Specify the ID of the shared or team drive to search within that specific drive.
corpora: (Optional) Set to drive to search a specific drive when you’ve specified the driveId, or allDrives to search all available drives.

You could choose to support filtering by a specific drive which would be great, but even just adding the following parameters should fix it:

supportsAllDrives=true, includeItemsFromAllDrives=true, corpora=allDrives

1 Like

Hi @gio,
Thank you for your detailed reply.

I’ve forwarded this information to the dev team.

As soon as I get a response, I will let you know.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. :pray:
Regards,

Thanks Igor! Quick note: I’m hoping shared drive support will be available for all the actions rather than just the ones I’m mentioning—for example I’m hoping to be able to create a folder in a shared drive.

Hello @gio ,
Thank you for your patience.

I’m excited to share that we have effectively resolved the issue with the Complete Google Drive (Service Acc.) Plugin action and have updated it to version 1.22.0

Could you kindly update the plugin within your app to this latest version and confirm whether everything is now operating smoothly? :blush:

Feel free to explore the plugin’s functionality on our demo page.

Your patience and cooperation throughout this process have been greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

@AntonZ Ahh, so close! I can get files in a shared drive now, but I can’t search it, unless I’m missing something. Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

1 Like

Hi @gio,
Thank you for your reply and continued feedback on this plugin, we truly appreciate your input. :pray:

We will verify on our side with the dev team and get back to you.

Wishing you an awesome weekend ahead.
Regards, :raised_hands:

Hi @gio,
I hope you’ve had a great weekend.

Would like to notify you that we’ve updated the Complete Google Drive (Service Acc.) Plugin to Version 1.23 and Added parameter “q” for API call "Get Files (API v3) Extended"

When you get a chance, please update the plugin inside your app to the latest version and let us know if it is functioning now as expected.

Thanks again, and we’re looking forward to hearing from you soon.
All the best, :pray:

Thank you, it worked now! I appreciate you guys being responsive to this.

There are some other API calls that I’ll be needing which don’t seem to work properly with shared drives as well. I haven’t tested them all but I’m guessing pretty much all of them other than the ones you just updated.

Are there plans to extend this support to them?

For example, I’m able to create a file no problem because it creates it in the service account’s virtual drive, but I can’t move that file to a folder in a shared drive.

Google drive’s API doesn’t support moving folders into shared drives, so if you can optionally specify a drive ID and parent folder in the create API call that would be ideal. That way I could create a folder inside the shared drive structure.

Hello @gio,

I appreciate your response and am happy to hear that all is functioning properly now.

Your idea is excellent, and I’ll discuss it with our development team. I’ll keep you informed about any progress on this matter.

We’re truly grateful for all your recommendations. Collaborating with you is a joy for us. :slight_smile:

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead.

Best regards,