Services Plugins FAQs

Google & LinkedIn Sign In

— Google & LinkedIn Login —

Hello everybody,
I have been working on using Google and LinkedIn to sign into my application, but there seem to be some issues.

What I did: I hook up the Google API and LinkedIn API correctly (I have use both the plug-ins, the manual API, and even pathfix) and I still seem to have the same problem.

Problem: When a user creates an account through my sign-up process, he then cannot go back and use the Google or LinkedIn sign in to sign back into that account if the user logs out. However if a user creates their account with the Google or LinkedIn sign up then they have access to sign in with these google/linkedin buttons.

Only solution I found on forums : I have found a workaround and that is; If a user creates an account through manual entry, they can only use the Google/LinkedIn sign in if they sign in with their Google/LinkedIn account while they are currently logged in to their account created manually. This method sort of verifies the account with the account in the bubble database. However, I don’t want to use this method as it is an inconvenience to the user to log in and then log in again with the linkedin/google buttons.

Aim : I want bubble to recognize the Google/LinkedIn account email and allow access to that specific account created manually with the same email. There should not be an extra step where they would have to “connect” in a way by logging in while they are already logged in. Most websites currently have this solution that I want, so i know it is possible.

Any Idea how to tackle this? Any advice is appreciated!

Hi @noedo, thanks for reaching out.

I’m afraid we can’t help much with the details upon your request. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Did you tried to use the default Bubble action “sign in with social network”? It uses the API related to a certain social network (for example LinkedIn).
If yes, and something has gone wrong, the only thing that I would recommend, is to address to the Bubble team through https://bubble.io/contact. Perhaps they will be able to help you.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,