Services Plugins FAQs

Google Map Extender Throwing Error on Page

Hi there,

On my page: any-location-2, I get the following error when I have the Google Map Extender on the page:

Sorry, we have encountered an unexpected error. Please file a bug report (Help -> Report a bug), including error code 1591753412423x489482979013389200 and a step-by-step explanation of how to reproduce this issue.

When I safe preview with no community plugin, this error does not happen.

Also, when I delete the map extender plugin from the page, this error does not happen.

I can continue working on a page with this error for a while until suddenly any google map I add to the page is not visible in preview mode or when published. However, when I hover over where I know the map exists on the page, I can see my cursor changing as it interacts with the invisible map (and yes the map is set to be visible when the page loads).

You are already have access to my app.

Hello, @harrisonalley. Thanks for reaching out.

The error message you’ve shared is a General Bubble error. One of the reasons for its appearing is the conflict between plugins, used on the same page. Unfortunately, there is no 100% guarantee that 2 different plugins will be completely compatible.

If you open the browser console (Chrome), you will see this error message:

As I can see, you have the RG to Pinterest Grid plugin element on the same page with Google Maps Extender element. Thus, I presume the root cause of your error is these 2 plugins compatibility.
The additional argument - we do not observe the error you have reported on the plugin demo page.

Apologies for the inconvenience :pray:
Regards,

1 Like

@kate, yes I suspected the same. However, I am using both the RG to Pinterest Grid plugin and the Google Maps Extender plugin on my home/index page and I am not getting that error.

If I switched to Zeroqode’s Pinterest masonry grid plugin and there were compatibility issues with the Google Maps Extender plugin, would you try to fix them or is that something you all don’t do?

@harrisonalley,

Yes, sure we will be holding an investigation and bug fix of the issue in a range of platform working capacity. But only if the investigation will show that the root cause is the compatibility of our plugins, but not some extraneous.

To be able to fix probable plugin compatibility issues, we require the issue to be described in maximum details, like how to reproduce it, what more actions a user does within the page, all the possible facts which can help us to work under the task conditions.

Thank you.
Regards,

1 Like