Services Plugins FAQs

Google Maps Extender plugin Way point format

Hi, I’m testing a route calculator using the plugin for Bubble. It seems to work fine when inputting waypoints separated by commas into a single input the way it is setup in the plugin demo.

However it doesn’t return a result when you enter a search expression evaluating to geographic places in the waypoints field. I’m guessing geographic locations don’t work as waypoints? Is there a way around this? For example the right formatting? Thanks to anyone who can respond.

Text waypoint input:

Changed waypoints to search result:

Just origin to destination:

When search result returns a positive:

Hello!

Thank you for your post, we’ve tried different options yesterday and decided to make an update to add the functionality you’ve asked about:

Added field Waypoints DB Geo (optional) in action, Add Directions.
This is a List of geographic addresses from data base.

Changed sorting method for Waypoints field - text.
Now If there are more than one waypoint, write each one on new line without comma.

If you wish to take the address from the database, leave “Waypoints” empty and scroll down to “Waypoints DB Geo”. Fill this field with the search query and see the result.
Here’s a video to illustrate the settings: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Note that the address field should be a list of geographic addresses:

Please update the plugin and give it a try.

Kind regards,
Olga

1 Like

Incredible! thanks so much for the update.

Thanks for the kind words! If you like our plugin, could you rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? Find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :slight_smile: The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.
Kind regards,
Olga

Hi @olga.medvedeva, I’ve tested the plugin and it now outputs the route perfectly. Just one more thing however. I now need to output each waypoint in the calculated order to a map to allow the user to navigate. Would you be able to suggest a way to do this?

I’ve left a review on your bubble page. Thanks!

1 Like