Services Plugins FAQs

GPS Live Geo Tracking when not using the app?

Hi, does the GPS Live Geo Tracking plugin have access to a users location even when they are not currently using the app?

What I want to do is automatically detect whether a user has visited a specific location by determining when the distance between the current user’s mobile device and the destination is 0 km. And then count a +1 to a visited field. I am hoping this plugin will allow me to capture a users location when not using the app because there is no guarantee they will open the app when they’re at the destination.

Unfortunately any bubble app or better to say web app won’t be able to do this for you, as web app will not work when the web page is not opened.
As a work around for the case “one organiser” who invites “one guest”, You can save in the web app the latest location of the organiser, and than track guest the distance to that latest position.
Our native solution https://zeroqode.com/native may dramatically increase the chances to locate the meeting point properly, but still cannot guarantee 100% success.

Hi Karel. Thanks for the reply. I don’t want to build a feature in my app that doesn’t work 100% of the time. So I think I will just leave this feature out for my MVP and if my app gains traction I can get a team to develop a native app for me with all these nifty features.

Thanks for your reply. I am still planning to wrap my web app as both IOS and Android apps when I am done. The Webview package by Zerocode is definitely something I am considering. What is the lead time for the $299 (IOS + Android) package? And are there any design best practices I should consider when building my app? I have kept it all to one page.

@leonidas.petrou4 I appreciate your choice.

Wrapping your webapp into native app is simple, and it takes just few minutes and you can definitively do it by own.
All you need is to have ready splash-screens ans icons and any iOS/Android editor, where you will generate your app from a bought code. Submission your app to app/Play Store takes about week.

There aren’t best practices for design. Luckily bubble already supports native applications, so you may be almost 100% sure, that your app will behave properly. You can test your app in any web browser on your mobile (ideally Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS, as our native solution uses similar engines).

Once you are happy about the look and behaviour, it’s ready to wrap into our app.

1 Like

Hello,
I would like purchase the GPS Live Geo Tracking plugin to geolocate my users.
With the demo app, I don’t understand how the plugin works.
I have the impression that the Start Tracking GPSTracking, Stop Tracking GPSTracking A … actions are used to locate the current user.
How to use this plugin to locate lambda users logged in in my application?
Thx

Hi @nijuste, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, you are right, the demo page shows the tracking of the current user position.

I’m afraid the current plugin functionality doesn’t allow to track lambda users, only the current app user. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, please note that the GPS tracking option is usable only from mobile devices because PC / Desktop devices doesn’t have such module/feature.

In case any other plugin-related questions will appear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Hey @Serg is there are way to track the geolocation using this plugin through a native app while the app is minimized or the screen times out and locks?

Thanks!

Hi @mloveland, thanks for your question.

Regretfully, the only condition when geolocation will work is when the application is opened on mobile device, mobile traffic is on and the screen is not locked.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with about our plugin.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Regards,

Hey @Serg
Is this still the case even when deploying it as a native app?

How is it possible and with what technology to track gps location not just while the app is open?

Thank you!

Hello @timecodestudios,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply over the weekend.

Unfortunatly, even after wrapping your Bubble app and transforming it into a Native app, the functionality will not differ.

As outlined in the privacy policies of Apple and Google, device geo-tracking exclusively operates when the device is active (with the screen illuminated). Whenever the screen is deactivated or the device is locked, geo-tracking will cease, reactivating once the device is turned back on.

I hope this explanation is clear and helpful to you.

If have any other inquiries related to our product, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to assist.

Best regards, :blush: