Services Plugins FAQs

Group to PDF and Image - Use for images in repeating groups

I am trying to generate images for each item in a repeating group.

Honestly, If I could even find the documentation for this plugin that might help.

Right now I have it set up so that the GrouptopdfandImage element is outside of the repeating group (doesn’t seem to be selectable inside the group). It will only save one of the images even if I make a dynamic ID based on the index of the group.

Also, I can only download images - not save them to Bubble - Again documentation would probably help here - not sure what I’m supposed to put in the “origin” field.

Hello @kara ,
Thank you for your message and for reaching out to us. :slightly_smiling_face:

Honestly, If I could even find the documentation for this plugin that might help.
Kindly note that this plugin doesn’t have documentation, as it is very simple to use and doesn’t have any complex settings that would require detailed docs.

Right now I have it set up so that the GrouptopdfandImage element is outside of the repeating group (doesn’t seem to be selectable inside the group). It will only save one of the images even if I make a dynamic ID based on the index of the group.

Would it be convenient for you to provide more details regarding your use case?

Namely:
-A more detailed description of your use case, and the goal your are trying to achieve using this plugin.
-Screenshots/Video recordings of the issue you see and the plugin element’s configuration.
-Workflows associated with the plugin.
-Any additional details you believe are important for us to replicate and understand your use case.

These details will help us provide you with a more precise answear to your question, and get a clearer understanding into your use case.

Also, I can only download images - not save them to Bubble

As we don’t know the specifics of your app, or how are trying to implement the saving feature, we can offer you a general suggestion on how you can save those images to your DB.

First of all, in the workflow tab on the Make and Image action make sure that you check this field it is responsible for saving,

From there you just need to use the Grouptopdfandimage(testing) A (testing) Successful event, and add a Make a change to the current user action, select the database entry where you want the image to saved, make sure the filed is of a Image type, and just select the states as shown in the image below

not sure what I’m supposed to put in the “origin” field.
The “Origin” field is crucial for controlling access to private files. It is designed to specify the domain that requests access to these files, enhancing security by ensuring that only authorized domains can access them.

You should enter the domain name of your website or the platform from which the request is made. It is important to provide this information accurately to prevent any issues with access permissions to the files.

I hope this was helpful, looking forwards to your reply.
Have a nice day! :sunny:

Here is a Loom Video:Content HQ - Generating Slides | Loom

As a note on the documentation - clearly this plugin isn’t as simple as you’d think if I’m here asking questions on how to set this up.

Hello @kara
I hope this message reaches you in good spirits. :slightly_smiling_face:

As a note on the documentation - clearly this plugin isn’t as simple as you’d think if I’m here asking questions on how to set this up.

My apologies if my previous message came across as dismissive of the complexities involved in setting up and using the plugin. It was certainly not my intention to undermine the challenges you might be facing or the valid questions you have.

Regarding your setup and your use case, unfortunately, as you mentioned and noticed yourself, we don’t have such a use case on our Demo Page kindly note that we provide general support and fix issues related to the default plugin configuration, we don’t provide customization services at the Support Team.

We are committed to providing you with support regarding how our plugin operates and its best applications.

Regarding the saving possibilities of this plugin, it can save a single image/pdf at a time as a URL into your database.
To activate this option you must check this field if you want the image to download as well as check the Download field.

Regarding saving each image URL into your database, please find this Test page where I have created an example of how the image saving process works, feel free to use step-by-step mode in order to have a more technical understanding of the saving process, or to to adapt it to your own unique Database.

On the matter of the “Origin” field, is a security feature used when you want to control who can access certain private files on your website or platform. Think of it as specifying a VIP list for your files. By entering the domain name of your website in this field, you’re telling the system that only requests coming from this specific website are allowed to access these files. This helps to keep your files secure by making sure only your website and its authorized users can see or use them.

It’s very important to enter the domain name correctly to avoid any access issues, ensuring that your files are both safe and accessible to the right people.

I hope this was helpful, looking forwards to your reply.

So are you saying it isn’t possible to save each item in a repeating group or are you saying you can’t guide me through it?

Also I am now getting this error:

Here is screenshots of my set up:

Final Creative is an image type field and Headline is just text (using it for testing).

Hello @kara ,

So are you saying it isn’t possible to save each item in a repeating group or are you saying you can’t guide me through it?

It’s possible to save each item of the repeating group but not at the same time, you can definitely save each item of the repeating group separately.

You can go with 2 scenarios, the first one is assigning an icon or button that will have the saving function when clicked to your RG groups, to each group you want to save the image from, and the ID Attribute can be set it dynamically for example as "template+Dynamic data "Current cell index " so that the same action will be triggered for each image separately and the plugin can identify a separate Url to save. That you then can use save to the DB.

The next option is with the help of a dropdown that will function as a selector for the group your users want to save and a button responsible for saving. You can either give the dropdown static data options for example option 1,2,3,4 or configure it dynamically so that it could reflect more accurately your user’s available options. After that, you configure the save button to create an image based on your static ID ex template+dynamic data “Dropdonws Value” and now based on the option selected the images will be generated and you can extract that Url and save it.

Please find this Test page that includes a simple example of both cases, which can be customized according to your specific needs use case.

If it’s crucial for your app that all the images will get saved at once, it is possible to achieve this with complex workflows and many workarounds and the help of a dedicated Bubble Developer.
Kindly note that this is beyond the services that we offer to the Support team.

Regarding the error you are encountering it can have many causes, but based on the error message TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘getClientRects’) this happens when there is an issue with the ID Attribute please make sure that both are identical to avoid this error.

I hope this was helpful, looking forward to your reply.
Have a nice weekend! :sunny:

Thanks- I’ve got it all working now (while having to use a work around for the repeating groups).

However, my images are rendering with segment above that contains two small tick marks at the top when this isn’t included in the group. Any idea what could be causing it? Here is an example.

And here is a screenshot of how it renders in Bubble:

Hello @kara ,

However, my images are rendering with segment above that contains two small tick marks at the top when this isn’t included in the group. Any idea what could be causing it?

I noticed the tickmark you were mentioning but can’t seem to reproduce this issue on our side, could you please share with us the exact setu-up and steps to reproduce this issue?

two small tick marks at the top when this isn’t included in the group.

A video recording showing the group settings workflows would help to understand your use case and provide you with an accurate response.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, looking forward to your reply.

Here’s a video: Content Hub | Bubble Editor - 1 May 2024 | Loom

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hello @kara ,
Thank you for sharing the recording of your setup. :slightly_smiling_face:

After watching through the video we couldn’t spot anything that could be considered a direct cause of the tickmarks appearing on top of the page.

We would be happy to help you resolve this issue. Would it be possible for you to add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators in your application and provide us with a link to your app?

This will enable us to check your settings and reproduce them on our side to identify the issue.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, please follow these steps in the Bubble Editor:Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com.

Please note that you may receive a warning message regarding the plan, but since Zeroqode is on an Agency plan, you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.