Services Plugins FAQs

Headstart - Multi Purpose - Chat page

Hello,

I am using the Headstart - multipurpose pack for my new web app.

The chat page content type is “Conversations”. When I am trying to navigate to the chat page from a page that is content type user.

What data do I need to send?

I try and send the Current user but it says that I as the other content type is different its not possible, and when I try and send users “Conversations” it comes up with an error.

Please help…

Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 17.55.15|690x425 :slight_smile:

Hi @bentomsouthgate,

Thanks for reaching out. If you want to send the Current User to the chat page, you can simply click here:

And it will change the Content Type of that page so is will be able to accept a User to be sent. Because in Bubble you are not able to send different data type than one that it is already set as Content Type, which is why it is showing it in red. But if you want to send a user’s conversation, just make sure you are not sending a list of objects, but a single object of type Conversation.

If you require some more help with Bubble, it is best to post your request here https://forum.bubble.io/ :pray:

Best,
Alex

Thanks, @alexandru !

What effects will this have on the chat page though as it brings up a lot of “issues” when I change the page content type of User.

If I have a dashboard and want the user to be able to navigate to the chat page, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks @bentomsouthgate for feedback.

It will certainly have some effects because there will be some tailored functionality, which is why it is causing these issues, so it really depends on what you are trying to achieve and if you know what you are doing.

If a page has its Content being set to an object, in this case page ‘chat’ and type Conversation, it is only possible to perform a Go to page action from a different page if you indicate a Conversation object to send. Otherwise, it will bring up an issue. But if you simply want your user to navigate to the page without sending data, then it is required to remove the Content type from page ‘chat’, but it will cause some other issues because of tailored logic.

Hope it helps.

@alexandru thanks this does help.

I have one further question I am hoping you may be able to help me with.

How would I add a constraint to the repeating group which shows users on the chat page so that the repeating group only shows users who they have a conversation with?

Current view

Thanks!