Services Plugins FAQs

Help-me please / New restaurants and Stripe

Good morning, I bought your Eats template, the installation was ok, I already configured all the steps and it is working perfectly, by the way, congratulations on the project.

I have a problem that I need to solve and a doubt to solve.

01 - Problem:
I registered a new restaurant, I received the emails, I approved the restaurant as administrator, the user received the email and got access, so far everything is normal. However, any menu that the establishment clicks, none of them works, it is stuck in the orders menu.
From the debugger , I noticed that it does a condition check on something related to the stripe. The stripe plugin is already configured as in the manual, I even made a test purchase and the value already appears in the stripe report, everything is ok, I don’t know what else to do.

02 - Stripe Connect Doubt

When is the user (restaurant) created in the stripe so that the payment can be split? I would like to know in depth how this is executed by your app, because I chose to buy your template only for the payment split, and for me it is not very well explained how it works (how does the restaurant receive it, manually or automatically?, the restaurant needs have a stripe account or is it created automatically by the app?, the stripe fees are split between the app and the restaurant? who pays the fees?, etc.).

Hello, @thiago.tda
Thanks for your questions.

I’ve tested this on our side and everything is working properly.
I suppose that you encountered this issue ( and you will see such a pop-up on your side too):

As a new restaurant owner, you need to access settings and connect your Stripe account:

I’m afraid that it is not possible to create a new Stripe Account automatically, thus, as was noted above, the restaurant owner should create the account in order to receive payments.

All Stripe movements for this template are not described in the documentation, since all of them could be visible through the workflow. Moreover, everybody could change some settings, like the platform fee, who will receive payments and etc.
All these things could be changed in your Stripe Dashboard (since you are a platform owner).
Here is the full documentation on How to Connect the Stripe account in your Bubble Application:

Hope it will help you. In case you need any additional information - let me know.

Best regards,

First I would like to say that I am delighted with the quick response from support, congratulations.

About the first item, this popup didn’t open for me, I don’t remember seeing or clicking on it when I registered the first test restaurant. I’ll try to register another test restaurant to see this popup work.

About stripe I understand, but I have a doubt, when I connect the restaurant to the stripe account via the dashboard, does the customer already need to have the customer account open on the stripe or can the customer open this account after registering in the app?

Hello, @thiago.tda
Thanks for your appreciation.

Yes, I recommend you to try creating the restaurant once again, so you will see this pop-up. It will appear in case nothing was removed here.
Anyway, connecting to the Stripe account of each new restaurant could be done through the Settings Tab ( as on my screenshot above).

If we are speaking about the restaurant owner, he can create his Stripe account after registering on your platform. It is not obligatory to have a Stripe account before registering on the platform.

In case you have any other questions - let me know.
Best regards,

Let’s focus on the main problem at the moment, in this case the registration of new restaurants.
I registered a new restaurant as you requested, I received the email, I logged in as the owner of the restaurant and the popup did not appear for me again. I didn’t make any changes that could reflect in this workflow, I’m an intermediate bubble developer and I have a little understanding of flows.
If necessary I reinstall the plugin, even losing all the work I’ve already done, however, I need this to work for me, because I have a deadline for this project.

Do what I asked you to, access my domain, create a new restaurant and see the flow that doesn’t work well and the popup doesn’t appear

Help me please.

Hello, @thiago.tda

Please find the screenshot of the settings and flow for this pop-up:

When you are pressing on "Add category and your user’s Stripe account is empty - you will see it. Maybe, you clicked on another button from your menu, that’s why you haven’t seen it yet.

Please check in your workflow when exactly the “Popup stripe advice” should appear (as on my screenshot) and let me know.
Best regards,